Taittinger NV or Charles Heidsieck NV for 4th of July?

Going to a 4th party and I’m responsible for the champagne.

More specifically, narrowed down to these 2.

NV Charles Heidsieck Brut Champagne Reserve

or

NV Taittinger Champagne La Française

What say you?

Charles Heidseick every day + 4th.

Yes sir!

I think that Heidseick NV v Tatty is not even a close call. When you can get it for $35, Tatty presents fair value. But as far as overall quality goes, I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone on this site who regularly drinks champagne that would choose it over Charles Heidseick.

But it’s the 4th of July man! Find some Soter or Schramsberg or Ultramarine (just not 2017)!

MERICA!

(yes I understand historical context of french aid in rev war).

Charles Heidsieck, hands down, but I like the Schramsberg idea, too.

This.

+1 on the Heidseick. I went to a Charles Heidsieck event last week and they were serving this and we really enjoyed it. For the money, tough to beat. I have never been a fan of Taittinger NV.

Haven’t tried any recent disgorgements of the Heidsieck but it definitely has a stellar track record.

Depends on the guests and pricing. If they are regular champagne drinkers, then CH is the overwhelming favorite. If the Taittinger is around $36 and the guests do not usually drink champagne they might prefer its “fresher” profile. I think CH may have declined somewhat in the last few years from its heights a few years ago (though I would still prefer it).