Best Winery in Every State According to Yelp

Shadybrook Estate in Napa for CA
Willamette Valley Vineyards OR

See the complete list here

Can confirm, Mesa Park in Colorado is a great winery - thanks for the good time Michael Martin !

1 Like

Really interesting! They list Chateau Tumbleweed as the #1 in AZ…and I’ve never even heard of that winery. Quick look at reviews on CT and the wines sound universally pretty bad. That said…they must have a nice/fun tasting room and keep peeps glasses full when they visit to get those positive Yelp reviews :slight_smile:

Washington state, Ambassador Winery, Woodinville. I’ve never visited or sampled the wines but appears to be a solid producer with a good tasting room experience for most people. The ranking is totally off of number of Yelp reviews. That number could be easily inflated if owners and staff posted a lot or if the server suggests… “if you like the experience please give a good Yelp review”.

It’s an abitrary ranking.

I do look forward to visiting Bear Creek Winery in Homer, AK, Rhubarb Blueberry sweet wine sounds stunning.

I tried Ambassador at their tasting room in Woodinville a few years ago. While the wines were well made and most very much worth trying, with a grenache that was particularly good, they were definitely not the best in Washington by a long shot.

You lost me at ‘Yelp’.

3 Likes

Yelp… pfft. waste of time for this…

Just recall the southpark episode on yelp. Case closed

Yelp is Zagat for the young hard-of-tasting.

Noisy Waters in NM?? Their wines are some of he worst in NM. He’s more interested in making wines
with cutsey labeles…like “Tighty Whities” and “Yo Mamma’s Big Red”.
Pretty much discounts all the other wineries on the lest. But you have to realize that Yelp has
identified Pizza Hut as the best Italian restaurant in the USofA.
Tom

Prairie Berry in South Dakota:
“Red Ass Rhubarb, our most popular, most award-winning wine.”

Mandatory case buy on Berserker Day.

Zephaniah is an interesting pick for Virginia. It’s basically in the owners’ house and you sit in their living room almost as if you were visiting a friend. I can see why people like it. The wines are in no way the best in Virginia but they make a nice juicy Chambourcin.