TN: 2019 Tercero aberration (USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County)

• 2019 Tercero aberration - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (6/26/2022)
    Popped and poured. Light garnet color. Zingy raspberry fruit. Went great chilled on a hot day with hamburgers. Excellent balance on this. There is a time and place for every wine. A 95 degree day in Seattle is a perfect day for this wine. A huge rich Zin or Brunello? Not so much. I love that there are people like Larry and Adam Sabelli Frisch in the business doing the opposite of the Meiomi and Caymus formula wines which are not my favorites. Glad there are people that march to a different drummer. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

The 2016 was wild and wonderful – a bit like a really grippy 2016 cru Beaujoulais. It was 100% cab franc, 100% whole cluster, raised entirely in stainless steel. And, as Larry says on the Tercero website, the '16 stains the clear glass bottles – I can testify to that! It was inky!

I see the 2019 is 60% cinsault and 40% grenache, according to the website, so I imagine it’s a somewhat different beast.

1 Like

Kind of an aberration.

I don’t think Larry is aiming for consistency on this one. [cheers.gif]