2020 Amador County Wine Chenin Blanc

2020 Contra Costa Red Table Wine

2020 Lodi Carignane

2020 Lodi Zinfandel

2020 Santa Barbara County Syrah

2019 Sonoma County Nebbiolo

2020 Amador County Angelica

1 Like

Very excited about the Nebbiolo and Angelica. Need to get the Zin, Syrah and Chenin Blanc. It will be hard to keep it to a case (*if allotted enough).

Bought some red table wine (Lodi) last release, which was my first Sandlands experience. Thought it was a delicious wine at a reasonable price. Excited for this release, and curious what more experienced Sandlands drinkers are looking forward to.

Anyone chance to taste the last zinfandel?

1 Like

Yes, and it was awesome and I’ll be stocking up

Here’s my note:

newhere

Oops, I guess that’s a bit older.

Weird, been ordering for a number (3 or 4?) of years and didn’t get the save the date

Check your spam folder?

Nope, who knows

Argh! I can’t access members.sandlandsvineyards.com because Cisco Umbrella considers it a threat. Anyone else seeing that? I asked to unblock it.

Really curious about the Nebb. Wonder if it’s a brooding ager, or a friendly version to drink young?

I know nothing about Angelica, so that could be fun too.

Sorry. Was thinking Aglianico.

Same here. Been ordering for a long time and no email. I’ll check spam again tomorrow.

That said…very excited for that Angelica!!

Brief notes on that wine and pretty much the entire 2019 Sandlands lineup (plus a few Turleys and the Sandlands 2020 Angelica) are included in my Grape-Nutz write-up of a visit with Tegan in May:
Visit with Tegan Passalacqua, May 2022

7 Likes

This was a solid write up that I read when you put it out! This release is definitely a winner in this household; we love the Amador CB, the CC Red Table Wine, and the Kirschenmann Zin. Seems like the Santa Barbara Syrah is a new source as the prior was SLH. Will be a buyer of the Syrah most likely. Haven’t tasted the Lodi Carignan yet, but have loved his other carignan wines.

1 Like

Yes, yes, and yes

17.7% on that Angelica. Good authoritative way to start and end the evening.

Pretty typical ABV for Angelica. It’s generally around 18%, since it’s a fortified sweet wine.

Indeed. All I’m saying is that I like to start and end the evening with authority. Are you with me Ken? I sure hope so.

1 Like

If I’m lucky enough to get a bottle of the Angelica, I will try and forget about it for at least 10 years. Problem with Sandlands is I literally drink it all and never have any left in my stash after about 1 year. I’d venture to guess the Nebbiolo will not be a bruiser but will very tasty for years and years to come. I’ve never had a wine from the Fountain Grove AVA.