Vice Versa Fall Offering

I received the save the date from VV earlier today for the Fall allocation which will be released on 8/9. I’ve yet to have the opportunity to try any of their previous vintages but have heard good things. Will most likely just take the 2019 Cab I’m offered since I’m new to their list. Also, they had a slight name change for said Cab to “Spinning Plates.” Unsure of the background behind this. If anyone has anymore input on their current style, would be much appreciated!

I will be in for this offering for sure, as long as they don’t jack up the pricing too badly. I last bought the 2016 Napa blend and I think it was around $150/per.

Made by Phillippe Melka, this is a modern styled wine. Not sure of the vineyard sources since they keep it tightly guarded, but its serious juice.

If you can get your hands on their Las Piedras, I would do so. A higher entry point, but its worth it, imo.

2 Likes

Good to know. I appreciate the insight! I recently snagged 3x Fait Main LPV as well and loved the single bottle I’ve opened so far. I’ll definitely look to grab the VV LPV if offered but not sure how their allocation works. Would love to compare and contrast.

Did a tasting with them in December while in Napa. Fantastic hospitality. Wines are great quality and are definitely more modern Napa. They use the usual famous Napa vineyards that everyone accesses these days. The Napa blend is definitely a serious bottle, I believe this was $165 last year, so hopefully they don’t go up and price me out.

2 Likes

VV will only be offering the 19 spinning plates to my knowledge.

3 Likes

I did a tasting in May. I was able to order 2021’s at that time. Tasted through a decent amount of 2018 and 2019s. Very nice wines. I picked up 2x Las Piedras, Dr Crane and To Kalon of 2021s and 2x 2018 GIII ($225), 2x 2019 Mysterions ($250). At $300 per for 2021, a special occasion wine. Gonna need to tapper back on these Beckstoffer wines as they are pricing me out.

2 Likes

I did see that in the email but was unsure if that was just my personal allocation or across the board. Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps for the best as I’m in agreement with bscott that these Beckstoffer wines add up quickly…

Following Bscott: They did allow you to purchase futures 2021 at 300 per Beckstoffer wine. A bit of a price increase, but hear the quality is off the charts.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and give you a bit more info. This offering is indeed only for our new 2019 Spinning Plates Cabernet Sauvignon. The name Spinning Plates is a reference to balance in the wine as this has always been for all Vice Versa wines. Moreover, this is also a reference to the Radiohead song, Like Spinning Plates. Many of you might know that Patrice is a big music fan and many of our wines are named because of song, like for our The Magnificent Seven, Mysterons and Beatrix.

This is the year we would have normally offered our 2020 vintage wines. As we didn’t produce anything from Napa for that vintage, this is not a normal release year for us. With that being said, we are super excited about this new blend which is 99% Cabernet Sauvignon and 1% Cabernet Franc. A blend of different vineyards from Oakville and Yountville. The wine will be offered in multiple of 3 bottles and the price is 450$/3-pack. We definitely pushed to get the best quality for the price point. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. Cheers!

12 Likes

Super pumped!

Spinning Plates offer is out. Took at 3 pack and left 2 magnums on the table. Interested to try this one.

1 Like

Very much looking forward to mine as well. Was allocated two 6 packs and one 3 pack. Funds are a bit tight so just took the 3 pack. I’m sure I’ll regret it

Looking forward to this wine. I’ve never had a bad bottle from VV. Stellar juice.

I do wish pricing was more in line with the Le Petit Vice they used to sell. It was a great introduction to the portfolio at a great price ($75)

I like the color/monochrome labels. Something different. Just like the VV Les Cousins bottles. (REALLY pumped to try that Paso/Napa blend)

1 Like

Save the date for Spinning Plates just dropped for 2021…

We hope that this email finds you healthy and in great spirits.

Your response to the inaugural vintage (2019) of Spinning Plates touched us deeply. We are thrilled and honored with your extraordinary support and passion for our precious small production wines. Thank You!

The Offering of our 2021 Spinning Plates, the second vintage of our Napa Valley blend, will commence on:

OCTOBER 3rd, 2023 AT 9AM PST/12PM EST

In order to procure this wine, you will receive an email with a link to your personal allocation within our online store. If you would like to purchase quantities beyond what is available to you, please use the Wish List feature and we will do our very best to grant your request. The 2021 Spinning Plates will begin shipping late October 2023, weather permitting.

1 Like

Yep super excited for this release. Love their SVD’s but it’s nice to have their Napa bottling for half the price as well!

Seeing this hit as I was debating passing on the " Special Offer" from Greer helped me convince myself there’s always next year for Greer :rofl:

1 Like

Yea, going to just hold out for the standard Greer 2021 release. If that doesn’t happen, located several 3 pack’s of the 2019 comparable to original release price (earlier stated had 3-2019 in my cellar when is actually 3-2018).
With this said, the Spinning Plates is a good fallback. Haven’t tried my 2019 but CT reviews are strong.

2 Likes

I had one of my bottles of the '19 SP a couple months ago, and yeah- its a SOLID wine.

Curious what the pricing will look like…

2 Likes

21 SP is 150. I have liked the 19 SP as well but think they need more time. They have harsher tannins than the SVD’s do lol!

Nice, good to see no increase. Tuesday will hurt with MM VHR releasing as well. And another one that I am forgetting right now (these release emails are never ending this time of year)…