Wine Room Temp/Humidity Monitor

I need a thermometer and Humidity Gauge to sit on a table inside my wine room so that I can easily see what the temp and humidity is. I have a glass door and would like to able to just walk by and check it. The one I have is off by about five degrees.

I’ve used a lot through the years. I love this one. I added the gateway so I can monitor remotely. The app works perfectly. It’s easy to track over time and also real time. It took 5 minutes to set it up. For my needs, it’s perfect.

Cheers,
Warren

Thanks Warren. I am looking for something simpler so I can just glance through my door and see what the temp/humidity is. I have a Control 4 monitor that is supposed to email me if the temp gets above a set target.

1 Like

Lots of us use wireless tag https://wirelesstag.net/

I use a lot of different instruments from thermoworks.com. This is one I have liked. Never really been interested in remote monitoring, and not sure they offer one.

Make sure you calibrate your hygrometer.

I bought this one in 2013 and have replaced the battery once. Cheap and functional. Currently $12 on Amazon (which is how I know when I bought one). AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer Pre-Calibrated Humidity Gauge, 3" H x 2.5" W x 1.3" D, Black

another user of the Sensor push. you can see temp and humidity from anywhere

What about below for $30? They sell a single sensor version as well but coukd always use extra remote sensors for other locations/applications.

I went the remote monitoring route as I was wanted to see the high-low swings over time. But I still like the simplicity of having something like this directly outside the wine closet and using the extra sensors in the wine fridges.

Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer Thermometer with 3 Wireless Sensors, Room Thermometer Humidity Meter https://a.co/d/hzYmDFU

I have a couple of different remote monitor things, but for just the “glance at it to see” use case, I have one of these and it works fine. According to my NIST-Traceable calibrated Air Thermapen, it’s relatively accurate. None of these cheap things are perfectly accurate (and I’d argue that “perfect accuracy” is kind of a fallacy anyway; just within the room the temperature probably varies a degree or two).