2000 Le Vieux Donjon

Have been this checking bottling for the last 3 years. IMHO it needs another 2-3 to get close to TTOIG. Medium brite ruby with no bricking, this hummer gives a whale of a lot in both the aromatics and in the mouth. Killer finish but still has enough tannins to shut it down. I originally scored this in the outstanding area and it ‘haint changed one bit. Too bad its’ gotten so bloomin’ much press as I paid 29.95 for this by the box in 02. Only 13.5% alc. Verne B

Do you think it still has enough to go another 5-10 years?

$30 is a nice price. But even that makes it expensive compared to what I was paying for this producer in the '90s!

Compared to some others like Clos des Papes this has not gone up that much. You can still find it for mid-40s which I think is a reasonable price for the quality. '99s are drinking very well now.

Understand theres’ been a passel of price increases over the years (I hate to think of the 78 and 82 first growths) but in my area this really nice producer is now selling above the 50 per range. Not trying to start a “I bemeber when the price was…”. VB