Be aware that 06 Maybach is available for sale

I did not receive a mailer or email, but the wine is available. Our resident Cabernet guru Mike P. raved about it. Price is the same as past 2 vintages $110.

Just an FYI, not affiliated and so on.

Otto

Big discussion yesterday on a different thread started by Tex Landreth. Got my six.

I went in just for 3. Next month is Schrader. Miseed yesterday’s discussion, I guess I am derelict of my duties!!!

Otto

“Of the 80 or so Cabenet lots I fermented in 2006, this is arguably the best.”
TRB from the 2006 Maybach mailer. 'nuff said.

Just opened the paper mailer…pretty much all you need to read. BTW, how does one get a Maybach T-Shirt?

Hope he’s right Mike, I only got 3 06 Schraders. I sold off my Scarecrows to double up on these babies.

Was at Chris Maybach’s wedding summer before last…Traci and I both got t-shirts in our gift bags.

BTW - 06 Maybach is probably top 3 young Cal Cabs I have ever consumed…

Would have preferred a mailer with more discussion of the vineyard and less discussion about the history of the family and their cars.

Roy - vineyard has been discussed already on the mailer. Besides, most people don’t want a deep discussion about the vineyard…it is the same vineyard as 04 and 05 and 07.

To me, vineyard talk never gets old. Especially THAT vineyard. [wow.gif] Maybe most buyers like to mix it up. I have not seen previous mailers. Nice to see the price is still a relative value for the quality.

Heck, I love hearing about vineyards, pick dates, tonnage per acre, brix, pH, etc., too but most of the buying public just wants to know if it is good and priced according to their expectations of quality…

Bingo!

And you expect to get that in a mailer? Have you ever seen a mailer that said “We missed the mark this year. The wine is not as good as last year but we increased the price $5 anyway.”

Roy, I could not care less what the mailer is describing. As you said, no winemaker will declare the vintage a failure and the wine crap. I look for info from other people who are more insiders than me. I also look at the price, ie. keep Keever in mind that went up 30% or so when the whole thing is crumbling down.

Hey, in a few years, you gonna be the one that we bitch about or maybe praise for your decent pricing!!! Keep that in mind.

Otto

I plan to come out at $900/bottle. And I will only accept 1-ounce gold coins as payment.

So I’ll get 4 bottles for 1 oz of gold? :slight_smile:

Yes. Of the Pinot Grigio. [give_heart.gif] [tease.gif]

Roy - actually I have seen mailers describe poor vintages…I am not so cynical that every winery will declare every vintage the be all end all of vintages…I have seen wineries describe vintages as “challenging” which is about as close an admission you’ll get that it was a poor vintage.

That being said, i don’t know what you have against TRB and the Maybach project…you falsely stated in a thread last year on ebob that Chris lost the vineyard after 04…and you stated that as fact. It wasn’t true but…I just don’t know what is going on. CHris is a terrific guy, TRB a terrific winemaker and while it ain’t cheap…it is good/excellent wine.

Furthermore, people took that false claim as gospel and a were asking in subsequent threads about the new vineyards Maybach was using…I jumped in, b/c Chris doesn’t really police the boards and say NO, same vineyard, same winemaker, same everything…

Sheesh! All I was saying is that I wish they had more about the vineyard and less about the cars. Where do you see me complaining about price? I actually state, if you take your blinders off, that I find the price a “relative value for the quality” in this very thread. Otto and I were talking about whether quality and value can be determined from a mailer in a “theoretical” sense, and had nothing to do with Maybach. Finally, I have nothing against TRB, and in another post today mentioned that I like his Pinot I had last night. And on a multiple occasions I have mentioned the greatness of the vineyard Maybach sources from on eBob, so don’t go off the deep end.