2007 Cotes du Rhones

Was in San Diego most of this week and as the pickings have been slim here in Phoenix for the 07 Cotes du Rhones called John at Vintage and asked him to gather his 4 favorites of this species from stock. Took all 4 to lunch with some close friends and the decisions from all of we leather-tongues was them dudes have some serious stuff going on. The 4 he picked were Plaisir 750 cl from Roger Sabon (9.99), Feraud-Brunel CDR (14.99), Costieres de Nimes of Gassier (14.99), and Raasteau; La Ponce Dom. Escaravailles (18.99). Not having a clue about which to eleminate I’m ordering all 4 as are my buds. Bye-the-bye Roberto CB didn’t come with me so we’ll be coming to Newport Beach in a couple. Will let you know. VB

I´d add the CdRh Pierre Usseglio, CdRh Charvin, CdRh and Lirac by Marcoux (by Armenier, forgot the domaine-name) -
and last but not least CdRh Domaine des Tours (the property of Emmanuel Reynaud/Rayas - a hell of a wine but this is not yet for sale …!)

For fans of modern style: Mordorée Lirac Reine des Bois!

The 2007 Chateau des Tours is for sale in the US. For some reason Emmanuel agrees to release wines to their US importer way before he releases them at the domaine. The price is quite reasonable too for the quality you get. Agreed with Gerhard, it’s a heck of a wine.

There are so many good ones. I think 07 was a remarkable vintage at this level. Also in the Languedoc. i have bought a bunch of different ones by the case. Something I rarely do, but at this pricing, this will be very good drinking for the next five to ten years.

+1. While I haven’t been buying by the case because of storage issues, I’ve definitely been buying in larger quantities than normal. A rare combination of high quality and good prices.