Well lets get this party started.

Glad to know that this is where the cool kids are hanging out!!! So if the Mods here ever start to act like an asshole are we allowed to kick the sh*t out of them at the next offline?

And to keep this wine related here are some TN’s from dinner last night

• 2006 Kutch Pinot Noir Russian River Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/29/2009)
    Drank this side by side with a '06 Kosta Browne SC and a '06 Rivers-Marie SC. Open and ready to go, darkest of the wines tonight deep dark purlpe. Nose was Cola, but not as overpowering as many RRV Pinots. Dark red fruit, Raspberry and strawberry with a nice mid palate and a strong long lingering finish of 45+ seconds. Over two hours this wine mellowed a bit and was about where I thought it would be, smack dab in the middle of the KB and the R-M. While not near as balanced as the Rivers-Marie it was not as big as the Kosta. Against strong wines this was my number two wine tonight and a very good wine. I am looking forward to the '07’s to see what Jamie is doing with this wine. (92 pts.)
  • 2006 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/29/2009)
    Opened side by side with a '06 Kutch RRV and a '06 Kosta Browne RRV. Opened and tried and this was shut down tight, no nose nothing in the mouth, poured into a decnater and hoped for the best. Came back two and a half hours later and this was a different wine. Nose was earthy, Mushrooms and forest floor, in the mouth this was very delicate I would a say feminine wine that had layers of soft red fruits, spice, and earth with a great mid palate and a long finsih with a touch of blackpepper. The WOTN for all at the table, I can just imagine what the Summa Old Vines is like. If you are thinking of opening this wine please decante or bury in the back of your cellar for another 2 - 3 years.

This was the cheapest of the wines opened tonight and was the stand out, Way to go TRB!!! (94 pts.)

• 2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/29/2009)
    Went to dinner with friends tonight and had the, a '06 Kutch RRV and a Rivers-Marie SC. Deep dark purple color nose at first was closed with a bit of alcohol. On the palate closed and tight, put to the side for an hour to get air. Revisted an hour later and the nose was more full, with some earth and spice with a nice dark fruity nose. In the mouth this wine was coming together well but was a big wine that was a bit over the top. Another hour and this wine started to smooth out and was more integrated, another year or two bottle time will do this well, but nothing great just a nice wine that was easy to forget when served next to the other’s.

While this is a nice wine I am glad I opened it tonight, I don’t feel bad about not buying the '07. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Yes, but I keep Cris around me for protection - he’s my bouncer

Sean…glad you came over to play in the sand box.

I opened the RM SC PN last night and thought it a beauty of a wine.

Why? :lol:

Crap…I thought it was the other way around. [friends.gif]