TN: 1995 Dehlinger Syrah Estate (USA, California, Sonoma Cou

1995 Dehlinger Syrah Estate - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (5/11/2010)
Medium full body, color looks fresh virtually unchanged; nose is beautiful, hints of mushroom and damp earth, then the palate explodes with vibrant, sweet dark syrah fruit - rich and intense, but not overripe in the least; some exotic spice on the long finish, this is amazingly youthful, with at least another decade ahead of it. Very nicely balanced with nice acidity, and just the right tannic structure. A fabulous example of California syrah, all the more interesting by virtue of its Russian River source. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker on GrapeStories.com

Yes. This sounds great, Alan.
I love Dehlinger Syrahs (and Pinots) with some age.
I drank a bunch of '98s at age 10-11 and they shined.
Never drank one after 15 years…but not surprised this was kicking.
Nice job.

Sounds like a nice bottle! I’ve had '93, '94, & '97, but never the '95. I’d love to try one of these with 25 years of age on it.

Hi Alan. Totally agree with your notes. In the last 2 weeks I’ve opened a 97 and 99 of this number and they are both progressing swimmingly. Have had the pleasure of having every (red) wine released by Tom since 1976. Haven’t found anyone with more expertise in handling them red berries than he and his trusty staff. I’m sure you are also on Fred Scherrers’ list. His 10+ year tenure under Freds’ tutelidge shows in spades. He’s also showing great mastery of grapes of color. Had an 04 Goldridge Pinot yesterday and IMHO
think it’s 2-4 from hitting TTOIG. VB