Kongsgaard letter is out...

Seems like they offered me half the winery production…

I’m a buyer every vintage and have yet to be disappointed. The VioRus and Chards are special.

I was offered a ton (8 cases!) but took 8 Chards, 3 Judge, 2 Cabs and 2 Syrah. I know it is available cheaper from some retailers but us Texans don’t have much of a choice and I love this juice.

I got my first offering of Kongsgaards today being offered a case to a case and half of each wine except one. Up to $150 per bottle. Not for me.

I am going there in July and will taste before buying.

I haven’t bought any Kongsgaard since 2005 and I was offered 96 bottles. I remember in past years trying to get some of the Viorus and I didn’t have enough status to buy it. I think my interest has faded.

The Judge is probably my favorite white wine. I am drinking a '05 now as I write this, and enjoying every sip. I am one who is happy that allocations are up, as I bought my two cases. I passed on the regular chard, only because between the various producers that I buy from (Kongsgaard, Aubert, Kistler, Littorai and Peter Michael) I can only drink so much chardonnay. Bummer.

I bought 3 of the Viorous. Really like that wine on occasion.

Got offered 7.5 cases of wine. Took the VioRous and some Chard.

With allocations near 100 bottles each, why don’t they just go through a distributor and retail channel??

they do that as well

I really dont know why I even signed up for this list

right to the trash

flip? :smiley:
there chardonnay is pretty damn good stuff, some of the best in ca . beautiful focused minerality and tons of delicious citrus fruit. give me this over aubert any day of the week

lol, prob right

the lower chard is ok and the judge is really good. the problem is that i would rather have 3 bottles of gc chablis for the cost of one judge

It is amazing how perception is related to availability. It seems anytime a winery increases allocations to infinity they are lost.

Because they make more money selling direct to you.

Exactly! I can’t imagine the margin that are pulling on direct-to-consumer sales… Obviously that is built into the business plan to offset selling to distributors, but I’m sure they would not complain if they sold every drop via mailing list.

“Focused minerality?” I find it hard to focus on anything other than the absurd price tag…another producer firmly stuck in 2003. Circular file material.

to each their own?

ITB guys will know better than me, but I’m betting we’ll see this getting dumped cheap via retail pretty soon.

I have been on the list for 3-4 years, never bought anything and was still offered 7.5 cases this year.
I agree with Rico; I’d rather have 3 bottles of GC Chablis than 1 bottle of The Judge. The pricing is just shameful IMO but more power to them if they can get it.

chablis and kg do not have anywhere near the same flavor profile. but in the same price range I’d rather have leflaive pulginy montrachet 1er than the judge :wink: