A couple of 1997 Cabernets

Thursday at the club opened a 97 Napanook. This wine definately cements the “terrior” aspect connected to quality. IMHO Joe the Plumber could make good juice from this property. Aging with dignity and pizazz. No bricking just brite ruby thru ‘n thru. Mouth-coating and a long 4&1/2 lapper finish. Great juice. Last nite whilst watching Boston dismantle Orlando opened at 97 Carmenet Moon Mtn. Reserve. Interesting from the git-go on the nose and lots going on in the mouth but fell short on the finish. Maybe past its’ prime but dint seem tired-tasting. Also using my Moday morn quarterbacking skills it was a tad pricey at 46 per clatter. As Senor Hill would proclaim frum hims’ “bloody pulpit” Should have put this 5 hun in a CD. VB

Let’s not get Peter Cargasacchi started on ‘flavors from terroir’ here, but I’m doubting Joe the Plumber could make great wine at this property - Dominus is one of the most consistent wines year after year for the last 25+ years. There have not been consistent fantastic vintages for 25+ years.

BTW, '97 Dominus is my favorite Dominus (have not had anywhere close to every vintage, unfortunately), and one of my favorite wines.

Moon Mountain Reserve has been too pricey for whats in the bottle for a while at least for me - although I did buy a case of the 91 on close out a time back and it was awesome. Have not been a buyer recently. Napanook is a big step down from Dominus but the 97 was/is a good wine. I agree with Todd that 97 Dominus is a star.

I’m a huge fan of '97 Dominus too. I’ve got a 6 litter bottle that I bought upon release. Just need a big enough party to open it.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm…BERSERKERFEST 3.5??? DAH