TN: 1994 Mount Veeder Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (USA

That’s too bad, Serge, because my experiences with that wine range from very good to spectacular. Here are notes from March 2005:

"For dinner we shared a 1994 Cabernet Sauvignon, Mount Veeder ‘Napa Reserve’. The wine was spectacular, showing a rich fragrance of black cherries, chocolate, light truffle and toast. On the palate lengthy, silky, well knitted flavors, seamlessly integrated with acid and tannin.

At that time, it was one of the best wines I had ever had. I have had it on at least 3 different occasions, one purchased on the secondary market, and the one above and the second occasion from the same cellar and purchased upon release. Provenance?

You might be right, but it was quite robust. Let me see if I can get a hold of one that has been stored since release and check back in with you on that.
Where did you get the bottle?

I agree with Merrill on this Serge. I had 2 cases of this that I’ve been drinking over the last 6-10 and the last bottle from my cellar drunk around the 1st of the year was spectacular, I’ll go back on my notes on another board and post. VB

loved the regular bottling of the 94 as well. Long gone [welldone.gif]