2007 Oxford Landing GSM

My local pusher called and said I needed to try this new arrival as it was on special. Was in the neighborhood so stopped by. Nice brite ruby. Very pleasant clean nose. While not a sock-roller it was really a P/Q winner at 6.99 per clatter. Perfect for a nice summer red and will be a daily drinker in my cellar. Good stuff VB

are you referring to the Yalumba?

I had the 05 a few years back at 6.99 in the SF bay area. I picked it up a CostPlus World Markets, never seen it in a “wine shop” though

My notes on the 05 were not so kind.

10/11/2007 rated 79 points: For under 7 dollars I cannot complain. This wine tasted hot and was hot on the nose right outta the bottle, but I put it into the decanter and gave it a good swirling. I put some of it into my spaghetti sauce that we had for dinner. I think this is a decent QPR. I would spend 12 bucks and get something that tasted just a bit better, but then again, thats me. (998 views)

No Dave this is the GSM (Grenache-Shiraz-Mourverde) 2007 from So. Australia. Clean, nicely focused, and as stated above a nice summer quaffer. VB (by-the-by Yalumba and Oxford Landing are 2 separate vineyards)