TN - 2003 Joseph Swan Vyds Trenton Estate Pinot Noir (RRV)

Great God Almighty!! I bought this from Dennis Atick, and I’m not sure what I paid for this, but it wasn’t enough. This is probably one of the best Pinots I’ve sampled over the past decade. Popped and poured. Big and bright fruits in the glass (under hints of dust) on the nose and right on through to the finish. Big-time bing cherries with darker fruits underneath. A hint of sour apple to round out the tartness on the finish which lasts 30+ seconds. Tons of life left in this beauty. It is without a doubt singing at the top of her lungs right now.

On my five point system, this one is an easy 4+. Drink 'em if you’ve got 'em. I can’t imagine this being better than it is right now. Dennis – if you read this, thank you, fine sir!!

Note edited to correct the spelling of Dennis’ last name…

Swan Pinot is epic stuff. IMHO the wine should improve for 10+ years

[highfive.gif]

Jay IMHO ( and many others) the Swan vineyard is one of the finest in the RRV and Rod has done a remarkable job in fostering the high quality that Joe set for it. Have been drinking this killer juice since the 70s and have many great memories sitting on the screened-in porch with Joe and listening to his knowlrdge about those remarkable vines. Have never had one regardless of the vintage that showed anything but pure Pinot fruit that seemed ageless. Opened the last of my 78s’ about 6 months ago and would have sworn it was no older than 6-8. Kudos to Mr. Bergland and glad seeing that indeed good work gets acknowledged. VB

Is it Dennis Atick, Dennis Attick, or DENNIS ATTICK?

Only he knows for sure. neener

It was Atiq, before it got Americanized…but that’s another story.
Long time no see Peter, hope you are well.

After tasting this over the summer, I managed to snap up 4 of these from Winebid for $35/bottle. Pulled a cork on one last night, and this wine is still beautiful. My original note appears to be spot on but my wife detected some smoke under the fruits. I also should note that we left half a bottle sit uncorked over night, and it was even nicer the second day with hints of raisins and plums sliding into the wine.

Good stuff here, everyone. Thanks, again, Dennis for introducing me to this wine.

had one lately that was overwhelming with VA. First Swan Trenton Ive had in a while that I didnt like.