TN: 2009 Scholium Project Naucratis Lost Slough Vineyards

• 2009 Scholium Project Naucratis Lost Slough Vineyards - USA, California, Central Valley, Clarksburg (7/18/2010)
    My first Scholium Project. Interesting wine for sure. Color is almost clear with the faintest tinged of yellow. I thought the texture would be more viscous with the alcohol over 15%, but the texturehas some weight and Is enjoyable non-the-less. Flavors are very light and delicate, some melon and white tree fruits. There is an odd bitter note and a earthy note on the nose. Not my favorite, but still looking forward to exploring the line up. (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve tried this from bottle and tank…keep in mind this was really only just bottled, so give it a few weeks; should come around nicely and be a really fun short-term drinker. Of note, Abe made a huge (for him) quantity of this one, so availability is not an issue. Tim, what other Scholium bottlings did you get? I’ve tried most of the lineup in the last month, and the whites are looking very strong overall. If you can get some Glos, it’s worth the price IMO.

Nate- my first order and first Scholium ever. Great info on it just being bottled, thanks. I also picked up a rose from this release since it sounded to interesting. Might contact them and see if I can order another and see if i can get any other wines.

Not discouraged at all. Intrigued by the fact they do things very different.