Ridge's Paul Draper circa 1983 and Julia Child video.....

Cool video…anyone ever have Ridge White Zin???

Dinner at Julia's featuring Ridge wine - YouTube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very nice, Brian. Thanks for posting. Such a young wippersnapper.

Great to see Yves Labbe, too

That is just great stuff!

Awesome! Buzz - where did you catch the White Zin? I didn’t see it…

“Beaujolais style Zinfandel”? [wow.gif]

Mike,
It’s in the wood box when the caera pans all the different bottlings. It’s the only one that seems out of place

Artichokes and Lobster w/ Zin?

Yeah. [wow.gif] When did they start producing Chard?

I received a bottle of estate chard from the 78 vintage from Paul on one of my visits. Not sure when it was first offered for sale. VB

Thanks for posting that Brian - very cool and nice that it was before everything was ruined by jump shots, stupid camera tricks, and “attitude”. Didn’t know they did a white zin - I bet it was pretty good tho.

I’ve purchased from Ridge Chards from 76 on. I think there was always some Chard (along with Ruby Cabernet-now gone) at Monte Bello when the original partners brought the property and founded the winery. Ridge in the 60’s and early 70’s did many other whites. Maybe Tom Hill, Wes Barton or Dan Tang will jump in with other info.

brilliant - thanks for posting

finally my birth year wine that i might be abke to seek out…anyone have any 72 lying around?

Oh, fudge by a year and get your hands on a 1971 Ridge Eisele Cabernet - the real deal.

Not sure exactly what he meant by that, but I had a bottle of that '80 Amador Zin this past December and it was lovely.

Ridge did make a very nice white zinfandel in 1982 and I think 1983.
It was juice drained off a number of cuvees to balance the skin to juice.
It was sold at the winery and was very popular and drier than most of the
era. It was decided that white zin was not what Ridge was about and they
stopped doing it.

Thanks for the info Mike. Sounds more like a saignee style rose than what we think of as white zinfandel these days.