Cheapskate Wednesday at WTSO

24 hour sale again - Mostly Italian wines this morning.

Thanks for the heads-up. I had forgotten about that.

Just picked-up 4 bottles of Lucky Country for $14.99 per.
What did you find today?

Nothing so far. Still watching.

Waiting for more Holdredge Syrah…

Just picked up a few 07 Cameron Hughes Chard

2004 Quinta do Crasto LBV

Holdredge Wines
Russian River Valley
Syrah 2006
Free Shipping on 4 or more
Our Price(Delivered): $15.99

Ask and you shall receive… It’s up right now.

Ding! Got 4. [cheers.gif]

+4 [cheers.gif]

+4

Paid 17.99 per when WTSO ran them back in March.

too slow

damn, I missed it

I missed it, too.I’ve checked the website 3 times so far today and all that I’ve seen are tired old cheap whites. If the offer allowed pooling small purchases throughout the day to qualify for free shipping I’d have taken a flyer on several, but there isn’t much sense ordering large quantities of what is likely to be just a simple cooking wine.

Man, this work thing gets in the way. I missed it!

Set a reminder in Outlook to check WTSO every 15 minutes! I did, and it’s working like a charm.

The Mockingbird Hill cab up there now is one of my favorite QPRs, even if it is a Newman-rave. Same price as their frequent offering of it, though.

Is it just me, or have today’s selections been completely underwhelming (exempting the Holdredge, which I unfortunately missed)? I know the theme is “cheapskate” and the upper-limit on price is something like $19/bottle. I didn’t think my tastes had moved upscale to the point that I wouldn’t see anything worthwhile; especially considering their $19 bottle is probably a $30+/- bottle pre-discount.

I agree completely. I’m pretty new to the wine world and took a flyer on four separate wines last Cheapskate Wednesday. So far, nothing of interest.

Has anyone heard of/tasted this?

Shadowood Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2007

By Jonathan H. Newman
Shadowood 07 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet‏
UNIT SIZE: 750.00 ml
VARIETAL: Cabernet Sauvignon
VINTAGE: 2007
REGION: Napa Valley
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petite Verdot, Malbec, Merlot and Petite Sirah
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.80 %
Rating: 94 Points
This very special Cabernet from the fine 2007 Napa Valley Vintage is over 90% Cabernet with other varietals like Cabernet Franc, Petite Verdot and Malbec that add nice complexity and depth. One of the more compelling Quality Price Ratios of several hundred Cabernets tasted this past year. This wine has nice charm, richness and a seductive style to enjoy now, but it will age gracefully for the next 5 to 10 years. Lush blackberry pie, black currant liqueur, dark chocolate and black cherries with a cinnamon vanilla spice box and touches of plums and espresso. Pair this well made and complex wine with Porterhouse steaks, Osso Bucco, Prime Rib, Veal Cheeks and hearty chicken dishes.

Shadowood 2007 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaker Tasting Notes:
Dark garnet red in color, this wine shows aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg with vanilla from extensive barrel aging. The aroma is complex with berries, dark fruit, and a hint of mint. Flavors of cherries and plums are complemented with toasted oak and mocha from French barrels. Rounded tannins add to the rich body. This complexity of dark ripe fruit and oak aging carries thru in the finish which is long lasting and rich.

Technical Information:
Aged 24 months in French oak barrels.
Alcohol: 14.8%
3.73 pH
5.6 g/L total acid
2,666 mg/L total phenols

Composition: 90.2% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4.8% Cabernet Franc, 2.5% Petite Verdot, 1.4% Malbec, 0.6% Merlot, 0.5% Petite Sirah

That Shadowood was up a couple days ago - I researched it, no notes on CT, no notes anywhere that I could find. I passed.