What Major Hole in your Cellar do you wish you could fill?

Many of us have deep cellars in a few regions, and diversity across a lot of regions, though maybe not so deep.

What I wonder is whether you have a particular region or variety that you particularly like, but which you have not adequately collected.

For me, it is Pacific NW.

I have maybe 6 bottles from Washington and Oregon. I know there are great Cabs, Syrahs, and PN, but I just never got started buying from there before the lists got backlogged. e.g. I have a couple bottles of Bionic Frog, but it has been a few years on the Cayuse waiting list and I’m still waiting.

And with OR PN, I do not even know where to begin. Someone like Ken Wright has a vineyard portfolio that rivals Siduri in CA. It’s just too much to choose from.

Other than California and So. Rhone the rest of the world is a huge hole in my cellar.

Not really a hole, but I never seem to own enough Beaujolais or German wines. I have some, but not as much as I would like.

Hi there,

I need more Musigny, lots more Musigny.

Cheers,
David.

PS. Some more Romanee-Saint-Vivant wouldn’t be sniffed at either.

burgundy, red burgundy, older burgundy

My current focus is Spanish. I have plenty but not enough. Next up after that is to beef up Germany some. Then I’ll be finished. LOL.

A little bit more Loire (red & white) would be nice, but I’m already working on fixnig that. Otherwise my cellar is exactly the way I want it to be, especially since in the last few years I have been diligent in filling the holes I noticed.

Many holes here. The one that bugs me the most is called “Italy.” Specifically within Italy, I’d like to focus on Barolo.

After that, I’d have to say Champagne.

A pallet or so of 1971 Barolo, Barbaresco, Ghemme and Champagnes would be nice!

1ers and GC Red Burgundy that aren’t babies.
That’s the only cellar hole I care about.

DRC
Petrus
Older LaLas
Musigny
Screaming Eagle
'45 Mouton not counterfeit
'71 Monfortino to drink side by side with my 1970

Aged drinkable whites,
Vouvray, Italian, Austrian to be more specific

The one left in my wallet.

prephylloxera grand cru red Burgundy
alan

Aged Italian wine.

Over the next year I am trying to focus on Cru Beaujolais and German Riesling. I need to get bettet at ignoring the red burg offers that show up in my mailbox.

Aged wines from “all” areas except Piedmont (this area I have already);
Bordeaux
Germany (Rieslings)
Burgundy (red and white)
Rhone (north and south)
Champagne
Port

In addition: More whites from Loire, and more Champagne

…and I was thinking of slowing down on the purchases… pileon

More Barolo and Barbaresco. Some mature Austrian whites. More Hermitage. The only one of the three I don’t have at all is mature Austria.

I know where you can get if for some big bucks…

harvey?