It's Carlisle Day: 08/12/10

Yeah! Now just have to wait to see my allocation…

Hmmm, guess I’m getting the “Dear John” or in this case “Jorge” message. [cry.gif]

Thank goodness for my buddy Joel, my Carlisle pimp.

Of course, last I heard was…it “might” be Carlisle Day. Mike’s last update was that he hoped to go live on the 12th but that date could slide. Not sure if it will or not.

Carlisle fans,

I have not had the pleasure of tasting any of their wines but have heard nothing but great things about them. I am looking to purchase a few bottles to see what they are all about. I see that they are not too hard to find but, because there are so many, I don’t know which ones might be the best representatives of the winery. If you could please let me know which ones I should look out for I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

I have not had a bad Carlisle but the Papas block syrah always blows my mind. In a group of 16 people a few weeks ago the 2008 syrah papas block got as many votes as SQN Raven for 1st place after a 12 hours slow ox.

What bottlings are usually in the Carlisle summer release?

Message on the Carlisle website says it will be delayed until next.

According to cellar tracker, last August, I bought 2007’s of the following wines: Carlisle vineyard zin, Papera zin, two acres, petite sirah yorkville highlands, knights valley syrah, james berry syrah, and cardiac hill syrah.

2009 Summer was:

Dry Creek Valley PS
Yorkville Highlands PS
Two Acres
Bennett Valley, Cardiac Hill Syrah
Knights Valley, Pelkan Ranch Syrah
Paso Robles, James Berry Syrah
DCV, Gold Mine Ranch Zin
RRV, Carlisle Zin
RRV, Papera Zin

Whew!

• Unfortunately, the company providing the ecommerce portion of our website was unable to make the August 12th go-live date. We are shooting for next week. If there are still issues, we will send the mailer out the way we’ve done in the past, an e-mail with links to the pre-release letter and your personalized order form. We apologize for the delay.

Oh well, have to wait until next week to celebrate Carlise Day.

I’m actually kind of glad about that, especially after Rivers-Marie this week….

I expected this to be a which Mike O are you drinking thread. [wink.gif]

Since I no longer have access to eBob, I no longer have access to my connection Robert Prosperino. I’m on the waiting list, but if one of the NY Metro locals wants to share a few bottles, I’m interested.

Bummer! I was really looking forward to placing an irresponsibly large order with Carlisle today … maxing out my allocation, wish listing a few more, the whole dog & pony show.

I even went light on the Rivers-Marie in preparation for it.

Was this in an email? I haven’t received anything about this. If it was an email, I need to contact Mike and make sure my account info is correct.

Bruce - that message was posted on the Carlisle website.

Thanks Mike.

Where, I cannot find it? Went through every link on the site.

Scott, if you didn’t run with the Red Wings, you wouldn’t have this problem of needing help. deadhorse [rofl.gif]

Here is what appears on the Home Page of Mike’s web site:

Announcements!

• We are sold out of our 2010 spring releases. However, our retailers and distributors will be taking their allocations of selected wines this April. Please contact us if you need assistance locating a retailer of Carlisle.

• We are in the process of integrating online ordering into our website. As a result, the pre-release originally scheduled for July 14th has been moved to August 12th. At least we hope it’s August 12th! We’ll keep you posted if anything changes.