TN: 2006 Kosta Browne Amber Ridge Pinot Noir

As I drank this wine last night I couldn’t help but think… $68? Really? There is a lot of great Pinot Noir out there for much less. I’m not saying that it isn’t a great wine. I’m just really questioning it’s value to someone who would rather drink it then flip it. Anyway - here is my note posted from CT.

• 2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Amber Ridge Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/30/2009)
    This was my first venture into the single vineyard offerings from Kosta Browne. Previously I have just had a few bottles of the 05 and 06 appellation wines. This Amber Ridge Vineyard bottling certainly shows Russian River Valley characteristics with a nice cherry, plum and cola nose. Initially the balance was a little off, tilting towards the nearly 15% alcohol but it did settle down nicely with some aeration. Flavors were fairly typical of the big California Pinot Noir style and not much different then what I experienced in the 06 Kosta Browne Russian River Valley appellation bottling. Very good, but give it a good decant to get the most out of it. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Funny I have thought the same thing about KB the last 4 or 5 bottles I have drunk. Like you they are good wine just no longer, was it ever, worth the coin.

fwiw you’re impressions aren’t far off of mine as well and I’ve opened two so far.