Garagiste Mystery Wine #8

The latest garagiste offering, with a few edits. I find it interesting that not once does it say that the wine tastes good.

When someone recommends a wine, I typically listen for key words like… “delicious”, or “wonderful”, or a comparison to a wine that I am familiar with. I didn’t see that.

Anyway. If you can’t tell… I’m bored… [stirthepothal.gif]

Anyone jumping on this offer?

Mystery Wine #8 is house wine revelry – an almost laughable level of quality for $16.93.

What does that mean? That’s like saying “very interesting”.

A Gold Medal winner and wine that continues to improve in the bottle (I tasted it two years ago upon release and again last week),

OK… so it improved. How is it now?
this 100% Cabernet defines why Washington State is so promising for Bordeaux varietals with a sense of elegance and class that sets it apart from growing districts in California. Explosive and broad on the palate (without losing any sense of harmony or finesse), this is the EXACT bottled and labeled wine as exists on the market. As I usually do, I toured a few boutique wine shops in Seattle to check pricing and it is on the shelf for $36.99 at one and $38.97 at another (I looked at the the two lowest priced stores I know of so it probably sells for even more outside of the NW).

What I can tell you…

• 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
  • outstanding 2005 vintage (this is not from an off-year)
  • 100% estate fruit – Columbia Valley
  • EXACT bottle, cork and label that exists on the boutique market (this is not a kinkos label – it’s the real winery label)
  • we cannot reveal the wine or label – you will find out when you receive your fall shipping boxes (or pick up)

i’m passing this time and picking up a few bottles of the 07 educated guess locally.

I have some of the educated Guess shipping on Monday. I can’t wait to try it.

Picked some up based on the recs on this board. Initial taste was a let down, but with air and time, it really came into its own. Going to pick up a sixer easy.

Was the Educated Guess 07 a Garagiste offer?

Not to the best of my knowledge. We simply got off topic [snort.gif]

Is that like answering the question, “Is she pretty?” with “Well, she has such a nice personality.”?

Chris

I didn’t understand why the wine couldn’t be named when it’s on the cork and label.
alan

Sorry for the drift…

I think the Educated Guess needs at least four hours in the decanter to start to strut its stuff.

I bought 1 bottle because I have little experience with WA wine and figure it is worth the experiment especially at about -$20 from the original price. At the very worse this wine may not be Rimmerman’s personal preference but he feels it is a quality to price ration wine that many will. I will probably open it in about 2 years.

If experimenting with WA wine is your objective then you’ll want to sign up with Full Pull Wines http://www.fullpullwines.com/website/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The selling model is the same as Garagiste but they only sell wines from WA. Great range of wineries and price points. Worth checking out.

I just signed up Alan. Thanks

Because clearly someone dumping a portion of their inventory at a deep discount but they still are holding out hope of selling some at a better price.

Open it now. There’s no real point in waiting 2 years when you have a single bottle and you want to learn about WA wine. Best way to learn is to try it.

Agreed, plus they may think it will draw less attention to the dumping if people find out later what the wine is than if there was a “XXXX Cabernet at only $16!” sale.