2007 Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco

Second bottle in the last month. Ruby red color with slight clearing at the rim. Nose shows floral notes and red fruit. Quite appealing and powerful aroma. The palate is lovely tart red fruit with notes of rhubarb and minerals. Long, expressive finish with balanced acid and tannin.

This was a pop and pour and was tasted over two days. Like the last bottle this is light on it’s feet, unbelievably fresh and a pleasure to drink. Highly recommended.

just grabbed one of these locally and it’s an amazing value for the price. very pure fruit, fairly classic nebbiolo – it seems a tiny bit polished – but the palate presence is superb; quite rich.

How do you think this will age? And, any comparisons to the 06?

I would be interested in this as well. The '06 has been pretty nice.

I need to hit my 05!

Just received a doz - love it!

I think this will drink beautifully for a decade, but may see its best around age 5. I think 07 is more appraochable than 06 early.

if by positive evolution, there might be some, but i wouldn’t expect anything significant. but it certainly has the structure to hold in the cellar for quite a few years.

I was just today thinking about picking some of these up. I’m thinking a split case of this and the '06 Produttori should hold me on Nebbiolo for awhile, as I just realized how low I was overall.

You could do much worse. Those are probably the two best affordable nebbiolos on the market.

I agree. The only other that I really like in the price range is the Paitin Langhe, but I much prefer the barbaresco for not that much more.

We just had a bottle of this last night and I very much agree with the positive impressions in this thread.