Alban Fall Offering

The Alban mailer hit my mailbox today. Here are the basics of the offer:
2006 Lorraine - $145
2006 Seymour’s - $145
2009 Estate Viognier - $48

Shipping:
California: 8.25% sales tax; $14 up to 2 bottles, 2.50 per bottle after that.
New York: District sales taxes (approx. 8.75%); $29 up to 2 bottles, 7.50 per bottle after that.
All other authorized states: $29 up to 2 bottles, 7.50 per bottle after that.
AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, IL, LA, MN, MO, NM, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WI, WV, WY

Orders must be in by December 24 to guarantee some wine. Quantities are not guaranteed. My offer allows to me to choose 3, 6, or 9 bottles of each. I’m tempted to go all in on the syrah and pick up 3 viognier.

Clay

Jesus. That better arrive in a helicopter on top of my house with lingerie clad Megan Fox bringing it to the door for those shipping rates.

Anyone on the East coast get this? I can’t figure out where I am on the list. I get some offers, not others…

Sorry - should have added that this arrived via snail mail this afternoon in southern California. John’s letter says that the 2006 harvest yielded as much Lorraine as 07, 08, and 09 will combined. Same with the 2006 Seymour’s in terms of future release quantities. It sounds like this could be the year to take as much as you can because it may be awhile if you haven’t been on the mailing list for some time.

Clay

Dropped off the list a couple of years ago. The prices have gotten outrageous IMO. Add in the shipping and these are extremely expensive.

100 point RP but $145 is steep

Haven’t gotten my letter yet but I will probably pass

Come on, king of flippers. The '05 is selling at nearly double release price. With 100 points, this one should do even better.

hmmm, good point

too much bourbon, not thinking straight

Wow is Alban that much? Not that I’ve had a lot but it doesn’t seem worth it.

this one is gonna hurt, but in a good way many years down the road.

sidebar: Alban vs SQN. Why hasn’t Alban had the rabid cult-like following of SQN? I always thought this was a bit odd since the production levels and quality (and now price) seem similar. Maybe it is the famed “funk” that some people don’t care for… I haven’t had more than a few glasses of SQN in my life so I cannot speak of their quality. But some of the Albans that I have had with just a bit of bottle age have been spectacular!

It’s all about the quality+the art work+diff named wines+diff bottles+the story behind them…the not knowing what MK will come up with next, is what puts them over the top imo.
As for the wines…very similar in quality, but I think SQN does a little better with balance.

I had the 05 Lorraine last night, and although it’s been a while since I’ve had the Atlantis, from taste memory, the wines were nearly identical. Mindbending stuff.

Like Schrader though, what a horrible time to offer wine from a miss one n’ done mailing list. Not sure what I’ll do with either of them…

97pts WS for the Lorraine, 96pts for the Seymour’s fwiw.

I’m drinking a 2008 patrina syrah and I think it might be better than the 2007 Lillian.

phillip i have raised the shipping issue with them and they say that thay do not mark it up…

Wrong thread? [scratch.gif]

Nope it’s a Alban patrina that lower end and it’s competing with the Lillian point being if the low end stuff is this good I can’t imagine passing on the good stuff

That’s because you’re not used to flavor. [stirthepothal.gif]

I’m good for a 3 pack of the 06 Lorraine, but that’s all the blood I have left for the year. Sure makes going longer on the 06 Reva seem smart.

Haven’t got my mailer yet. I have only been on the list for two or three vintages. Anyone know what allocations looked like with similar time on list?