just got email that i'm off the cayuse waiting list...

Cayuse mailing list!
Wanted to pick some up this yr but Bojo got my pocketbook. Now I have a second chance and a couple of weeks to save up. I am wish listing everything. Been on the waitlist for 2+yrs.

Jb

email or snail?

…should i be stoked or is this one now passe too?

Looks like jbray got yours

oops Todd please delete/consolidate whatever thanks

I would say passe. The only good ones are the ones that you are still on the waiting list for. Once you make it, it is obviously over.

Email with a fairy tale of the frog. Purchase window opens at 6pm 1/4/1, three week hold.

Or i’d never be on a list that would have me as a member…

I think you are safe on the wishlist, I did the same thing a year ago and didn’t get offered anything beyond the 3 2007 Armada they sold me up front - which i’m still waiting for, btw.

Or you might get something because I declined to order anything this year.
I figured:

• I’d actually try one of their wines first before ordering a lot
  • Based on what i’ve read they might be a bit ‘big’ for my tastes
  • They are damned expensive (though admittedly in great demand)

Do I understand you to be a very large Beaujolais fan who is also hankering after Cayuse?

Off the waitlist as well. Not sure what to do. [scratch.gif]
Not sure the palate is changing, as much as the wallet is changing…away from high prices!! [swoon.gif]
I fear it may take some big money to move up on this list, and I am not sure I want to play there anymore. [shrug.gif]

I made the list as well

any idea what wine will be offered, doesnt looks like it states it in the email

Don’t hold your breath on wishlist stuff. Instead of allocating more to me, they are adding you folks. [swearing.gif]

I’ve waited, and now I’m not so sure they are worth the terriff anymore! Not that they aren’t good…just seems to really be pushing the price point!

When did you guys sign up? 2008 here and still waiting.

Been a while, probably 2007. It has been long enough that I emailed them a few months ago to see if I had already signed up.

late 07 or early 08

cant remember the exact date

Yep, I’m a Bojo fan, a Burg fan (Chard and Pinot), BDX fan (sweet and dry red and white), Riesling fan, N Rhone fan, Champ fan, Piedmont fan, Tuscany fan, Aussie Shiraz fan (yes, they are good and they do need time), Oregon Pinot fan, Chilean cab fan and on and on…

I think that what Cristophe is doing is amazing, sincerely, horses, chickens, pigs. I use to be a bitter wine salesman, judging everything that was made. After a while I realized vodka at the end of a 200 bottle tasting was the best bet.
We (me too) have a certain thing inside of us that denies too many wineries the chance to succeed, we can always find a reason NOT to like a winery. There was even a question of Passe in this thread, if you think that this might be Passe then pass. I have tasted the wines and I think of most in their price point are some of the best made.

I love Bojo and not just 09’ but 06’, 07’, 99’, 01’ on and on. Most people that know me know that I am eating that damn crow to the bone and you all were right, Cayuse does make good wine… now.

Happy to be on the list.

Jb

You guys might not believe this but I got a note that I made the list too! When exactly did I sign up for this? [new-here.gif]

Seriously if anyone wants my allocation let me know and I will keep my spot otherwise I will do the right thing and let them know I am no longer interested.

Pricing is obviously very subjective. That being said…I would argue the “damned expensive” reference. They are priced fairly relative to wines I consider to be in their peer group (Saxum, Alban, SQN, etc).

Tom

Guess I should clarify - damned expensive for a wine I have never tried.
And joking aside, not really trying to make any disparaging comment on these wines, or the list.

I enjoyed Copain’s Cailloux & Cochinelle from 2001-2004.

This prompted me to (eventually) sign up for the list.
When offered, I bought everything I could - 3 bottles.

After I finally get to try the wine, I may decide I really want it and it’s worth $80 a bottle to me.
If I have to spend more time on a list again to do so, then so be it. No big deal.

But until then i’d rather spend my $$ on Cote Rotie.

Best,

I’m off the list as well. Signed up to wait on 06/10/08.