Cooling Unit Replacement?

I have a Vintage Keeper 220 and 550.
Normally they are both kept around 55-57 degrees.
Over the past month however, the smaller 220 has been running in the low 60’s despite being set at 55. I vacuumed the back vent unplugged and replugged (to reset) like I did before. In the past this seemed to fix the problem.
This time no such luck.

So…is there anything else I should try? Or is it time to replace the cooling unit? Motor runs and sounds like normal… [help.gif]

Call these guys. They deliver. [whistle.gif]

Anyone?

When my Breezaire died about a year or so ago, I bought a replacement unit from these guys. Warranty Resources | Le Cache Wine Cabinets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They were easy to deal with and very helpful, and so far the unit works very well. Obviously don’t know much about how long it will last yet.

Before you go out and buy a replacement, consider having the refrigerant checked. Most local HVAC shops can do it. Taking it to them is usually cheaper than having them come out for a house call.

Dan, I would suggest sending an e-mail to Chris Kravtiz for a recommendation as well. While he sells these units so has some commercial interest, I trust his advice very much, and I am sure he’ll steer you in a good direction.

Dan,

If you do decide to replace your cooling unit, contact Vintage Keeper directly. They offer replacement cooling units to existing customers at a substantial discount.

Reese.