Gramercy John Lewis Release Offer 2008

This hit my inbox yesterday. Maybe I missed a post but I cannot believe there is no discussion on this one. I love Gramercy but at $75 this is giving me some pause. Anyone else?

pause +1

Like the Tempranillo and Cab though

I bit on this one, although with some hesitation. I have absolutely loved their Walla Walla and Columbia Valley syrahs, as well as the cab and the tempranillo. Have some 07 John Lewis in the cellar which I have yet to try. The 20% price increase over last year was a little painful, but I suppose justified by the loss of one of their vineyards to frost that year. That said, I’ve only had great wines from them, and their customer service is phenomenal. Will definitely continue to buy for the foreseeable future.

I had the '07 Gramercy John Lewis syrah a few months ago and it was a WOW wine for me. I drink a lot of domestic syrah and the JL stood out from the crowd in terms of balance, depth and purity. Without question, the '07 was one of my top five domestic rhone varietals in 2010, along with the following:
'07 Saxum Heart Stone
'05 Big Basin Fairview Ranch
'07 Paul Lato Cinematique
'06 Alban Pandora

My only hesitation with the '08 JL is to whether to wish list more than my allocation of 6 bottles.

Clay

Apparently it’s sold out as of now.

I went in on a couple of bottles based on very positive experiences with other Gramercy offerings. Hopefully next year’s edition will come off the nose bleed price level.

I am in for two, price limits me from buying more. I enjoyed the 2007 immensely.

WineBum

in for three btls, my first Gramercy. Would like to try them all…

Do you have tasting notes?

Went in for 3 of the JL with another 3 pack of another wine. The price increase does hurt, but I love the wines and Free Shipping makes the difference everytime. This winery is becomming one of my favorites with its high acid, low alcohol, and light oak style. Wish more wineries made this style.