Kapcsandy...

anyone know where you are to go after you log in? Wine shop? are other folks allocations listed? I see nothing…

Wait for the actual email (which I just got). That will give you the link.

$285 a bottle, ouch. :frowning: Can’t really afford this now but the Estate was so good I really need to try this. In for the 2-pack, and I imagine with this price the inventory may last longer than expected, even as good as it’s supposed to be.

$285/bottle? I really like the wine and the people, but this just went from an auto-buy to a very likely pass for me. I can’t believe they went up $100 in one vintage.

Scores from Uncle Bob have a way of doing this.

Understood, but that is still a big jump. I probably would have bit my teeth and ordered 2 at $225. As I said, I think they are nice people and I wish them the best. But, I will be interested to see how 2009 sells at that price if Antonio gives it “only” a 96.

If you use the link within the email, be sure to check that it logs you into the correct account. I used this process and ended up in someone else’s account - (able to view their address, order history, etc.). I didn’t notice that I was in the wrong account until after I had selected the wine packs and quantities that I wanted and went to checkout. I let the winery know, but it looks like a bug in the email html. I logged out of the other person’s account, then logged back in and was able to check out with the wine that I originally selected.

Clay

I simply have NO self-control… Why did I have to be “free” at this time of day, cause this wine sure ain’t free!

+1

I was all set and started clicking and was shocked when I saw the price.

I guess its just one more winery that has priced itself out of my range. I am sure it’s no loss for them. At least I have my Maybachs to drown my sorrow.

They are indeed playing a dangerous game. At $285 they are betting they can continue to pull in 98-100 scores indefinitely. No pressure, Lou. :slight_smile:

2 Maybach (and change) or 1 Kapcsandy? Easy decision for me.

Maybach and Kapcsandy made this a very expensive day.

Here’s hoping folks remember this when we release…

hmmm… can you say off line!?! Btw, did you see my post re: Barbaresco/barolo off line for March 15??

see you tomorrow night?

Happy to open a Maybach. I have them back to 06. I’m out of town the 15th. What’s tomorrow night? Send me a PM.

I from a quick calculation they have just over 1,000 bottles to sell. They sold out of the Grand Vin only package in less than 20 minutes, so Lou knows what he is doing.

B/C it’s still at 100 points. Next year the score dips, then in the “weaker” 2010 vintage, Galloni comes on board. I have serious doubts that the sell-out will continue. Not that I dont wish them the best, b/c I really do, but their model wont hold unless there is a serious economic rebound or Galloni’s Cali palate lines up with Parker. Note: The “weaker” 2010 comment is a major generalization-- I know many vinters (such as Randy) had an awesome 2010 harvest.

Not to hijack but when is your release since you mentioned it, Randy.

Wow, that’s an impressive increase. Bought anyways, much to the sorrow of my wife. I may have earned some couch time tonight.

so what is the over/under on when these puppies start showing on the secondary market? Or does the premium over 2007 make these much less attractive? will be interesting to see…

may as well cash in on the scores before AG comes to town