What's Knocked U Out Lately?

2003 Pegau last night. I’m looking for a new knockout.

89 Lynch-Bages & 89 Lafite last week with friends in Boston.

QPRs: 2009 Rivers-Marie SC Pinot Noir & 2007 Hugel Pinot Gris

1982 Branire-Ducru (Maggie)
2001 von Strasser Reserve from last night. Amazing.

Any decant on the RMSC?

I poured it into a captain’s decanter and shook it like a wild man for a few seconds several times. Was good to go after about thirty minutes of sitting.

1999 Rene Rostaing La Landonne, over lunch on Tuesday in Mclaren Vale as the rain came tumbling down.
its in a great spot right now
MT

I’ve been incredibly fortunate over the past month, probably tasting 300+ wines (an 8 day trip to Sonoma and Napa, most of which was spent with wine nerds, helped out). I was floored by two – a 1999 Royal Tokaji Mezes Maly 6 Puttonyos, and a 2002 Shafer Hillside Select. I’m still thinking about (and tasting, kind of) both, three full weeks after I had them.

I had a Marcassin that knocked me out.

2003 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard- two weeks back

2004 Scholium Project Scythia Donati Vineyards- three nights ago

2003 Phelps Backus- two weeks back

??? ???-tonight?

2009 Beaucastel CNDP Blanc. Only got a few nips from a wholesaler sample, but is absolutely refrickulous. I’ve had very few whites with that much lush fruit without being sweet, and an incredible savory almond note through the finish. Very few wines play in this neighborhood that don’t go well over $100

A humble offering of 1997 Whitehall Lane Reserve Cab rocked my socks a couple weeks back. One of the first wines I recall being able to “taste” several days later. Sumptuous beastie it is.

2006 Donnhoff Oberhauser Leistenberg Riesling Kabinett
2010 Grossett Polish Hill Riesling
1999 Vietti Barolo Lazzarito

All just beautiful wines that are singing.

07 Sauzet 1ers are the first thing that come to mind. A 2002 Hudelot-Noellat RSV recently was a stunner as well.

Clos des Lambrays 2006
Molitor Zetlinger Schlossberg Riesling Auslese Mosel 2007

Both were amazing.

2009 Marcoux Cotes du Rhone…for $25 it is outstanding…

07 and 08 maybach

2003 Cameron Abbey Ridge PN. Best bottle of this so far and a simply incredible wine from a substandard vintage.

David [drinkers.gif]

Sweet! I just told my wife to pull and 07 and decant it…

Recently an 07 Saxum Bone Rock knocked the **** out of me.

99 Sauzet Montrachet, but I doubt there’s much in the marketplace and it’s likely quite pricey.
alan

'09 Peter Lauer Unterstenbersch Faß 12
'09 Peter Lauer Senior Faß 6