Wooden Wine Boxes

I am curious about what people do with wooden wine boxes. I have used about as many as I possibly can decorating my wine room. They are accumulating and stacking up, taking up room. Do they have any value? I have several SQN that are really cool and it just seems like a waste to toss them. I have used some for kindling. They burn great.

I use them to store wine in. Doesn’t matter if the bottle and the box match, I mark the box. I’ll buy wines like BdMs that I intend to lay down for 10+ years. Put them in a box where they get zero light and zero movement. Even though my wine cellar stays dark most of the time, they just get no light in the box.

Also helps with “out of sight, out of mind”. That way I don’t get tempted to touch those wines unless I’m really ready! [cheers.gif]

Same as Gordan, 75% on my cellar is in wood. When I have extra boxes, I offer them to fellow wino’s.

I build wine racks out of them that we use for displays here at the store. I take four single bottle depth 6 pack boxes or three two bottle depth 6 pack boxes of the same brand or same dimensions and mount them on 1 X 4 legs at a 20 degree angle; I takes two 8 foot 1X4’s and about 46 screws of appropriate length. Surprisingly, they hold a lot more bottles than they are supposed to.

That is a cool way to use them but I just don’t have the room. I have custom racking in a small space. They are just too cool to toss.

Awesome racks! Wish I had a climate controlled room for something like that.

Nice room Randy [cheers.gif] ; I do have a lot of custom racking, but like I said I just stack the wooden boxes in the corner for long term agers. Let the medium agers and ready for consumption wines go into the racks.

I don’t accumulate a lot of the them, but when they start to pile up, they burn well.

I’ve actually seen them for sale on Ebay at least the SQN ones.

Oh. When people talked about Carrie’s “awesome rack”, I didn’t realize . . . nevermind. blush

What simple but brilliant idea.

[winner.gif]

People are forever begging us for them for their kids’ crafts projects. Perhaps contact the art department of a local school?

Yep, folks pull the imprinted sides off and sell them on eBay. They seem to sell well.