NYC Skurnik Portfolio - A quickie

Did our duty and tasted almost all of CA in the book. Here are the brief highlights:

2009 Sonoma Coast Chards are going to be insane. You’d be hard pressed to find a producer that screwed this up.

2008 Bressler Cab & 2007 Bressler Young vines - We knew about it but it never really popped up on the radar for us. I’m glad we found it again, really good.

2009 Anthill Farms Tina Marie Pinot Noir - Yowza that was good, probably WOTD or at least PNOTD.

2008 PM Les Pavots - Very likable, but also very terrroir driven and restrained. Beautiful. (But I’m usually a Pavots guy- a colleague was disappointed that it fell away but I just can’t see it) Winemaker Nicolas Morlet also suggested that the 2009 Les Pavots is going to be a stunner and better than the 2008 and I believe him and look forward to tasting it.

2007 Detert Cab Franc - by far one of the best CFs in the valley (it’s hard not be when your vineyard abuts To Kalon) Another WOTD contender.

2008 Blackbird Paramour - Dark, lovely, structured but not too tannic - a solid winner.

Eh, I’m sure there is a ton more but I’m beat! [cheers.gif] Anyone else that was there feel free to add on.