Selective Mental Block on Buying Wine

So I was looking over my spreadsheet of purchases this year, and it’s a bit more random than I would have expected. It seems that there are some wineries where I’ll gladly buy and not think twice. And then there are others, regardless of how much I like the wine, that I just seem to load the cart about 50 times, but never pull the trigger. I truly can’t figure it out. Prime example… I bought 8 bottles of the ABC that Zachys had on sale for $15/btl. Not much thinking required there. Or Bedrock… never have had anyone and yet I placed an order that included two whites and two roses, and I rarely drink those. But yet I’m dragging ass on buying a few bottles of Sojourn, or Anthill, or Auteur. I reeeeally enjoy all those producers yet I’m being a little bitch and just can’t bring myself to do it… yet. WTF?

Order after 11PM and 2 bottles of the 15 dollar stuff. Then you can blame the alcohol. [wink.gif]

I think you answered your own question… you are just being a little bitch… man up…

I appreciate the support. haha. I guess I’m the only one that goes through this odd buying process.

Nah I do it too with some…ocassionally it works for me, other times against me.

Sounds like CT needs a new flag - BWB (Bought While Bombed). 50% of my purchased would be BWB. [cheers.gif]

Clay

Lots of people do it. last month I filled the cart twice at sojourn and didn’t pull the trigger. Craig emailed asking if everything was alright. lol

Purchasing wine is like asking a girl to dance at the junior high sock hop.
I need a little time and a couple of false starts before pulling the trigger.

happens. certain retailers I’ll quickly buy the wine and certain retailers i’ll stare at the “submit order” page for awhile. it’s weird

Two things… 1. What’s a sock hop? 2. The false starts comment just lends itself to so much ridicule. Where is Tex when you need him? Haha

I’m with Dietz here, it’s way past time to man up.

Craig,

I was on the Sojourn site today… again. Filled up
The cart, and didn’t do it. The problem is that I want more than I want to spend. Shocker there. [cheers.gif]

oh and just found the 07 Gap at a retailer so now I can go and stare at it on their shelf a couple of times before I buy it. One trip down…

Dude,

You’re not as alone as you think you are. I’ve picked up many a bottle in my short time as a wine lover and just stared at it and held it in my hands, asking myself if I should get it and hesitating. I sometimes have to go to the LCBO store two or three times before I’ll finally man up and buy it.

Even then, sometimes I actually EXCHANGE it back for something else, see it again a while later, and then go through the whole process AGAIN before finally settling in and buying it for good.

Wines are like women. Some you just know you want to be with you right away and some you hem and haw over before you finally commit to them in full and that’s just the way it is. flirtysmile