It's Friday 5/29, what are you drinking this weekend?

It’s going to be sunny and in the 80s all weekend here. Tonight we’ll probably have a Pinot-based rosé with homemade pizza.

I’m also going to pop and decant an '06 Cabot Syrah that Todd gave me to round out my Cabot experience. From the other Cabots I’ve had, I know that these babies love air. We’ll drink that tomorrow night with (hopefully) the prime ribeyes I’m going to try to find today at a remote Portland Costco.

Sunday is Steve’s daughter’s 18th birthday. We have a '91 Ridge Geyserville for her because I assumed we’d do a birthday barbecue, but unfortunately, we’re celebrating with brunch. I’m thinking of some sort of frittata with herbs de Provence and '08 Tempier rosé.

Very nice. Happy birthday to Rebecca!

I think I’ll open a 1998 Sabon Prestige CdP and 1999 Vieux Donjon. Beyond that, I haven’t really thought about it. Tonight, it’s Margaritas at the Austin landmark “Matt’s El Rancho”.

My fiance is moving in this weekend.

I’m not sure if I should be opening Krug, or JD.

Chinese food tonight, so I am thinking some bubbles…

I just picked up a Chehelam Pinot Gris that Leonard Taylor put me on to, and that same store had some Patricia Green Sauvignon Blanc. I may go get that today for the weekend. High of 87 today, reds are out of the question.

Having dinner with Poppy & Aaron F. tonight (among others). I believe the rule was “old world bottles that are drinking well”. I’m bringing a 97 Terrabianca Campaccio Riserva. Since Leo will be there, I know I’ll be having some Jadot as well. I heard that Mr. Victor Hong will be bringing a mid 90s Bordeaux (Leoville Las Cases if memory serves me right). Don’t know about the rest.

Saturday and Sunday I’ll be accompanying my wife to her 10 year college reunion up in Connecticut. We’ve been invited to a “Champagne” reception at the College President’s home, and I’ve heard he’s a wine collector…somewhat, so I’m hoping soemthing decent will be served there. The rest of the weekend will probably be crappy wine or hard liquor (I’ll probably stick to hard liquor).

Let me know how that Terrabianca is - I drank mine a couple years ago, and they were too young.

[rofl.gif]

Like I told Rick…I won’t give him a chance. I’ll wolf down any leftovers I see.

Hi Lance, welcome to WB!

Not sure about tonight, tomorrow afternoon attending a tasting of Vice Versa wines. Paul Hobbs is winemaker.

2005 Le Petit Vice Proprietary Red
2006 Le Petit Vice Cabernet Sauvignon
2005 Syrah Ulises Valdez Vineyard
2005 Cabernet Sauvignon

Probably open a 2006 Keplinger Syrah as well, also a 2007 Relic Ritual. I can’t keep my hands off this stuff.

Will do Scott.

Late this afternoon at a tasting at Susan’s fine Wines, we’ll taste the following:

Ken Forrester Chenin Blanc (South Africa)
Naia Verdejo
Teradoa Dipaolo Greco di Tufo
2006 Chateau Lagrange Clinet
Layer Cake Shiraz (Barossa)
Magnificent Wine co. (Charles Smith) Steak House Cab (Washington)

After that we’ll problably come home and have a light pasta supper with a yet to be selected wine.

Saturday we’ll be celebrating my birthday a day early at Tr. Nostrani with soft-shelled blue crabs and other goodies and wines.

Sunday is still TBD

Sunday for sure:

1989 Mouton Rothschild
1989 S. Anderson Cabernet Sauvigon SLD Richard Chambers Vineyard
1989 Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill
1989 Meyney
1989 Lynch Bages
1989 Rieussec

Not sure about tonight, but tomorrow I’m looking forward to tasting some L. Crochet, Pur Sang and Ladoucette … yummy SB’s all!

I’ve got a lot I want to open, some thoughts about what I might open include:

06 Bachelet GC VV
06 Fourrier vs. Hudelot Petits Vougeots

or maybe some of my random 01 Brunellos I haven’t had yet
Solaria
La Rasina
Silvio Nardi
La Gerla

Or maybe all of the above :slight_smile:

P - The 89 Mouton was one of the most memorable wine’s I’ve tried. This was back in '99, so please post notes!!!

Happy B-Day to Rebecca!

Tonight is looking like a variety of great beer at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach.
Tomorrow might be a bunch of Petit Sirah and Chardonnay if I think I’m up for it.
Sunday is a Halter Ranch tasting dinner at a local restaurant.

No drinking this weekend. But last night had gin for the first time at a gin, Bols Genever and Chartreuse tasting we sponsored. Most memorable was the Basil Gimlet, made with Damrak Gin. Amazing!

Nothing tonight or Sunday but Saturday night is white burg/chablis.

I think we have an 02 Wm Fevre Chablis Les Preuses
90 Leroy White Burg
01 Raveneau and maybe another 02 Fevre…