Hospices Auction Group issues with non-delivery of Burgundy

Posner tweeted this about fifteen minutes ago:

Possible “scandal” on bulletin board of wine buyers… http://bit.ly/eWMDxJ

Jay Miller is having sex with a sheep.

It is a thread on concerns about potential non-delivery of Hospices Auction Group wines. I am not a buyer myself, but I have heard from several people with concerns. If anyone is potentially impacted feel free to PM me, and I can send you a copy of the thread.

As usual, Posner’s right on top of anything that might be called a scandal. He’s the wine world’s version of Matt Drudge. [beatoff.gif]

A group of folks are complaining (or not complaining) about delays in receiving wine they grouped together to to buy at Hospice auction. “Scandal” is a pretty big stretch unless there is far more going on than is revealed by that thread.

I had thought it was a “scandal” ABOUT the bulletin board from reading his tweet…

The big news is Squire’s traffic jumped twofold today because 4 Berserkers clicked on that link. neener

If the wine is not delivered, it would be a scandal. For all involved I hope that is not the case. The organizer posted (and then retracted) a statement that all shipping details would be sorted out in the coming week. I certainly hope that more details are forthcoming shortly.

I actually got tense reading that thread. I found the tone of the back and forth got me edgy. Hope it works out for all involved.

[rofl.gif]

If it hadn’t been for Eric quoting a deleted thread it would be more confusing.

Well that is the weird thing. Why did Klinger post that and then delete it?

I actually am a member/buyer and brought quite a lot of the 05 wines into NZ through the Bouchard importer, actually had one last night which was great. Also bought a few 06’s, maybe a dozen, for which I need to get an update… Still the 05’s have been well worth it…

OMG: that’s exactly what I miss over here. I mean I can say anything and not get banned. No fun at all.

Very weird. Did he delete it? The whole thread is strange, I hope it all works out.

Yes, he deleted it. And yes the whole thing is strange. I pray it works out.

[rofl.gif]

Ha. I sold my 05s from that because of the lack of delivery and communication. It was a total cluster f*ck.

I have a whopping half-case of Hospices de Nuits wines on order through this, is there anywhere to go other than eRP for updates? I know there was a Yahoo group but I lost my bookmark. Still active?

I have a small amount as well. 1.5 cases. Last communication was in February. If any new info at eRP, happy to have it cross-posted here if someone is willing. Doesn’t sound like anything new currently though.

If anyone here has any insight, that would be great. I believe a few posters here (Alan Weinberg, ? others) were closely involved.

Thanks.