Selection Massale

Can anyone tell me about Selection Massale? According to their website, it is a small import company based in San Leandro, California run by Cory Cartwright and Guilhaume Gerard. I was cross-checking a Garagiste offering today and ran across Selection Massale in my search as they have offered the same wine.

Jeff

I haven’t bought anything but have watched the launch of Selection Massale. Cory long wrote the blog Saignee, which was a great read, and I wrote a piece for last year’s 32 Days of Natural Wine series there. He and Guilhaume seem to be doing a great job of finding lesser known stuff in France and bringing to the US. I would have full confidence buying from them. Understand that they’re definitely focused on anti-flavor elitist type wines. Tongue firmly in cheek, if you don’t know Robert Parker’s disparaging reference to those of us not on board with most WA approved wines.

Great guys that are very passionate about wine. They both used to work at Terrior SF. Guilhaume was one of the founders. They just started this business. I am looking forward to my first delivery.

Just joined their e-mail list the other day.

Isn’t that the name of one of Holdredge’s pinots?

Yes, Holdredge also makes a Pinot called Selection Massale which I take to mean essentially a mash up of different clones- though I could be way off. I’m sure John can clarify why he called it that.