LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
Jeff P
Posts: 190
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 1:39 pm
Location: Texas

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7601 Post by Jeff P » April 3rd, 2020, 2:50 pm

It's a great website. I think I've only noticed that it missed 3 or 4 offers. However, didn't check it during the power hour
Jeff P@ren+

Vince L.
Posts: 339
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7602 Post by Vince L. » April 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm

I feel like Marathon is running out of steam. They keep repeating themselves. The following 4 I think i've seen at least twice before already on this marathon.

GKG Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
Dropout Albarino Andrus Island 2016
Domaine de la Janasse Chateauneuf du Pape Vieilles Vignes 2014
Sleeper Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Napa Valley 2016
l 3 r t

Chr!s G|@rn3r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 610
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7603 Post by Chr!s G|@rn3r » April 3rd, 2020, 4:35 pm

Vince L. wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm
I feel like Marathon is running out of steam. They keep repeating themselves. The following 4 I think i've seen at least twice before already on this marathon.

GKG Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
Dropout Albarino Andrus Island 2016
Domaine de la Janasse Chateauneuf du Pape Vieilles Vignes 2014
Sleeper Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Napa Valley 2016
They typically do that towards the end...and it it towards the end. Sometimes there is a grand finale but I’m not feeling like that is going to happen this time around.

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 710
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7604 Post by JonathanG » April 3rd, 2020, 5:08 pm

Pretty awesome. I noticed a few seconds of a lag on the marathon but still makes life a lot easier. Thanks for posting!
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 710
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7605 Post by JonathanG » April 3rd, 2020, 5:09 pm

Jeff_M. wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 1:55 pm
09 d'Yquem, yes please. Got a Charmes-Chambertin bottle as well.
Got the d'Yquem this time, thankfully. It was up for a good couple minutes. Missed the burgs unfortunately. Hard to be a dedicated marathon'er while on conference calls.
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

Mark E.
Posts: 42
Joined: January 24th, 2019, 8:04 am

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7606 Post by Mark E. » April 3rd, 2020, 5:11 pm

JonathanG wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:09 pm
Jeff_M. wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 1:55 pm
09 d'Yquem, yes please. Got a Charmes-Chambertin bottle as well.
Got the d'Yquem this time, thankfully. It was up for a good couple minutes. Missed the burgs unfortunately. Hard to be a dedicated marathon'er while on conference calls.
Vogue Musigny blanc up now.

Edit 1 minute later: gone.
€n+er1ine

Abbie S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 102
Joined: March 29th, 2011, 11:09 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7607 Post by Abbie S. » April 3rd, 2020, 5:16 pm

I picked up the 1970 Borges Vintage Port. 1970 is my birth year, and my 50th is coming up in a few weeks. Hopefully, a nice quarantine birthday treat.
salovon

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 710
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7608 Post by JonathanG » April 3rd, 2020, 5:17 pm

I should be focused on my refreshing screen and not posting worthless comments on WB! Missed again.
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

J. Rock
Posts: 934
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Location: The [West] Valley

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7609 Post by J. Rock » April 3rd, 2020, 5:20 pm

I'm upset I didn't get that port...
J o r d a n

User avatar
Geoff F.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 220
Joined: February 22nd, 2019, 9:14 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7610 Post by Geoff F. » April 3rd, 2020, 5:26 pm

Mark E. wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:11 pm
JonathanG wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:09 pm
Jeff_M. wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 1:55 pm
09 d'Yquem, yes please. Got a Charmes-Chambertin bottle as well.
Got the d'Yquem this time, thankfully. It was up for a good couple minutes. Missed the burgs unfortunately. Hard to be a dedicated marathon'er while on conference calls.
Vogue Musigny blanc up now.

Edit 1 minute later: gone.
Was definitely not expecting to see that come up. $699 for the 2017.
F r a n z

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 710
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7611 Post by JonathanG » April 3rd, 2020, 5:28 pm

J. Rock wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:20 pm
I'm upset I didn't get that port...
I passed when I saw the CT values and auction price. Having said that, there is only one on wine searcher for a kajillion dollars.
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

User avatar
Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20685
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7612 Post by Paul McCourt » April 3rd, 2020, 7:01 pm

I bought a couple Gary Farrell sins. Why? I have no idea other than it is a compulsive sickness to buy wine.
PauLeeeenda 2020: Tasty Waves and a Cool Buzz for America

User avatar
tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 170
Joined: November 18th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Location: Quincy, IL

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7613 Post by tpetty » April 3rd, 2020, 8:29 pm

Any ideas when the marathon ends?
T o d d *** P e t t y

Vince L.
Posts: 339
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7614 Post by Vince L. » April 3rd, 2020, 8:47 pm

tpetty wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 8:29 pm
Any ideas when the marathon ends?
Honestly I think it already is over. It's been repeating the same stuff for a while now.

Did anyone see any Lutum Chardonnays ? I grabbed almost all the Lutum PN I saw (I missed a Gap Grown and Rita Crown) but didnt see any chardonnays.
l 3 r t

Chr!s G|@rn3r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 610
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7615 Post by Chr!s G|@rn3r » April 3rd, 2020, 9:18 pm

FYI to all:

The Wine Spectator rating (94pts) and review and tasting note that LBW listed/marketed for the Casalvento Janus 2013 is inaccurate. The rating/note they posted was for the 2007 vintage of the same wine. The 2013 is rated 88, and the characteristics in the tasting note are much different.

This isn’t something I’ve seen in other offers frim LBW, but buyer beware.

J. Rock
Posts: 934
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Location: The [West] Valley

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7616 Post by J. Rock » April 3rd, 2020, 10:21 pm

JonathanG wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:28 pm
J. Rock wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:20 pm
I'm upset I didn't get that port...
I passed when I saw the CT values and auction price. Having said that, there is only one on wine searcher for a kajillion dollars.
I ended up snagging one the 2nd time it came around. Excited to try it.
J o r d a n

Shay h arnoy
Posts: 202
Joined: November 1st, 2019, 7:35 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7617 Post by Shay h arnoy » April 4th, 2020, 7:40 am

Pretty happy about my discipline AND the loot.
Total tally is 14 bottles:
2 2013 Drouhin Charmes Chambertin
2 2016 Taupenot Merme Corton Rognet
3 2016 Taupenot Merme Mazoyeres Chambertin
3 2012 Alter Ego de Chateau Palmer
1 2011 Chateau Le Gay Pomerol
1 Salmon Brut Montfolfiere
2 2013 Terre Nerre Brunello di Montalcino

Got $100 in credits from referring friends as well which made the more expensive bottles easier to pull the trigger on.


That was fun!

User avatar
Alex Frank
Posts: 80
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Seattle

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7618 Post by Alex Frank » April 4th, 2020, 9:35 am

Dang, how much was the '12 Alter Ego? I had my eye on this pretty much the whole time and never saw that, definitely would've liked some.

Shay h arnoy
Posts: 202
Joined: November 1st, 2019, 7:35 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7619 Post by Shay h arnoy » April 4th, 2020, 11:40 am

Alex Frank wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 9:35 am
Dang, how much was the '12 Alter Ego? I had my eye on this pretty much the whole time and never saw that, definitely would've liked some.
2012 Alter ego was $79. Good price for the vintage but not a great price overall.

User avatar
Alex Frank
Posts: 80
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Seattle

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7620 Post by Alex Frank » April 4th, 2020, 12:12 pm

Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 11:40 am
Alex Frank wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 9:35 am
Dang, how much was the '12 Alter Ego? I had my eye on this pretty much the whole time and never saw that, definitely would've liked some.
2012 Alter ego was $79. Good price for the vintage but not a great price overall.
Ahh cool. I probably would've grabbed one if I'd seen it, ah well. Nice grab!

User avatar
Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 895
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7621 Post by Jeff_M. » April 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:40 am
Pretty happy about my discipline AND the loot.
Total tally is 14 bottles:
2 2013 Drouhin Charmes Chambertin
2 2016 Taupenot Merme Corton Rognet
3 2016 Taupenot Merme Mazoyeres Chambertin
3 2012 Alter Ego de Chateau Palmer
1 2011 Chateau Le Gay Pomerol
1 Salmon Brut Montfolfiere
2 2013 Terre Nerre Brunello di Montalcino

Got $100 in credits from referring friends as well which made the more expensive bottles easier to pull the trigger on.


That was fun!
Nice haul! I got the 06’ Jaboulet, 09’ d`Yquem, Alter Ego and Drouhin Charmes Chambertin, 1 each.
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet
2012 Hartford Court Arrendell Vineyard Pinot Noir

User avatar
David Buck
Posts: 338
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 3:50 pm
Location: Guilford, CT

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7622 Post by David Buck » April 4th, 2020, 12:33 pm

I was 1 shy of case. Quarantine bordedom. usually pass on marathons....I am a wine enthusiasts believer...all 90s for ones with reviews..mostly 20-40 range a bottle.

2 - Flying Goat Cellars Pinot Noir Bien Nacido 2013 92 WE
1 - ONX Reckoning Red 2014 94 WE
2- Anaba Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast 2015 94 WE
2 - Jean Marc Bernhard Riesling Alsace 2016 91 WE
1 - Eighty Four Petite Sirah Napa Valley 2013
1- Vina Leizaola Rioja El Sacramento 2015 93 we
1 - Gard Vineyards Vaucluse Red Lawrence Estate Wines 2015 91 WE
1- Anantaah Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2014

Shay h arnoy
Posts: 202
Joined: November 1st, 2019, 7:35 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7623 Post by Shay h arnoy » April 5th, 2020, 6:40 am

Jeff_M. wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:40 am
Pretty happy about my discipline AND the loot.
Total tally is 14 bottles:
2 2013 Drouhin Charmes Chambertin
2 2016 Taupenot Merme Corton Rognet
3 2016 Taupenot Merme Mazoyeres Chambertin
3 2012 Alter Ego de Chateau Palmer
1 2011 Chateau Le Gay Pomerol
1 Salmon Brut Montfolfiere
2 2013 Terre Nerre Brunello di Montalcino

Got $100 in credits from referring friends as well which made the more expensive bottles easier to pull the trigger on.


That was fun!
Nice haul! I got the 06’ Jaboulet, 09’ d`Yquem, Alter Ego and Drouhin Charmes Chambertin, 1 each.
Awesome! When do you plan to pop these or are you going to hold them for a while?

User avatar
Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 895
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7624 Post by Jeff_M. » April 5th, 2020, 5:45 pm

Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 6:40 am
Jeff_M. wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:40 am
Pretty happy about my discipline AND the loot.
Total tally is 14 bottles:
2 2013 Drouhin Charmes Chambertin
2 2016 Taupenot Merme Corton Rognet
3 2016 Taupenot Merme Mazoyeres Chambertin
3 2012 Alter Ego de Chateau Palmer
1 2011 Chateau Le Gay Pomerol
1 Salmon Brut Montfolfiere
2 2013 Terre Nerre Brunello di Montalcino

Got $100 in credits from referring friends as well which made the more expensive bottles easier to pull the trigger on.


That was fun!
Nice haul! I got the 06’ Jaboulet, 09’ d`Yquem, Alter Ego and Drouhin Charmes Chambertin, 1 each.
Awesome! When do you plan to pop these or are you going to hold them for a while?
Going to hold them all. Jaboulet and Alter ego get opened first in the next few years. The burg I’ll hold 5+ years unless someone tells me I need to open it before them. The Sauternes is a long term hold. I’d like to get another 20-30 years on it.
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet
2012 Hartford Court Arrendell Vineyard Pinot Noir

JeremyMullman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 268
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 7:03 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7625 Post by JeremyMullman » April 5th, 2020, 6:19 pm

Relative restraint for me:

2016 Bien Nacido Estate Pinot Noir
2016 Markus Molitor Riesling Haus Klosterberg
2013 Kenneth Volk Zinfandel Enz Vineyard
2013 Piedra Creek Zinfandel Dusi Vineyard

User avatar
jordan jacobs
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 306
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7626 Post by jordan jacobs » April 5th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Lighter than last marathon and saddened I missed a few gems. But I grabbed....

La Ferme du Mont Chateauneuf du Pape Vendange 2017
Chateau La Louviere Pessac Leognan Blanc 2012
Domaine Lecheneaut Nuits St. Georges 2014
Lutum Pinot Noir La Rinconada Vineyard 2014
Paon Cabernet Sauvignon Mt. Veeder 2016
Bruno Giacosa Barolo Falletto 2011
Cascina Luisin Barbaresco Rabaja 2014

User avatar
Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 895
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7627 Post by Jeff_M. » April 7th, 2020, 2:48 pm

One got cancelled, bummer

Hi lovely Last Bottle customers!

Some less than fun news - our warehouse manager realized we accidentally created two skus for the Joseph Drouhin Charmes Chambertin Rouge Grand Cru 2013 essentially doubling up the quantity that went up for sale. Luckily we didn't have that many for sale anyway. But unfortunately, going in order of purchase, that means we will need to cancel your order. I will put the cancellation through now and you'll receive a full refund on your statement within a few business days. If we receive any cancellations, I will contact in order of order number to see if you are still interested. I'm so sorry for this issue but glad we caught it now!
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet
2012 Hartford Court Arrendell Vineyard Pinot Noir

Shay h arnoy
Posts: 202
Joined: November 1st, 2019, 7:35 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7628 Post by Shay h arnoy » April 7th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Jeff_M. wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:48 pm
One got cancelled, bummer

Hi lovely Last Bottle customers!

Some less than fun news - our warehouse manager realized we accidentally created two skus for the Joseph Drouhin Charmes Chambertin Rouge Grand Cru 2013 essentially doubling up the quantity that went up for sale. Luckily we didn't have that many for sale anyway. But unfortunately, going in order of purchase, that means we will need to cancel your order. I will put the cancellation through now and you'll receive a full refund on your statement within a few business days. If we receive any cancellations, I will contact in order of order number to see if you are still interested. I'm so sorry for this issue but glad we caught it now!
I got cancelled on too. Oh well. Still got the dopamin rush of the purchase!

J. Rock
Posts: 934
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Location: The [West] Valley

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7629 Post by J. Rock » April 7th, 2020, 5:18 pm

Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Jeff_M. wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:48 pm
One got cancelled, bummer

Hi lovely Last Bottle customers!

Some less than fun news - our warehouse manager realized we accidentally created two skus for the Joseph Drouhin Charmes Chambertin Rouge Grand Cru 2013 essentially doubling up the quantity that went up for sale. Luckily we didn't have that many for sale anyway. But unfortunately, going in order of purchase, that means we will need to cancel your order. I will put the cancellation through now and you'll receive a full refund on your statement within a few business days. If we receive any cancellations, I will contact in order of order number to see if you are still interested. I'm so sorry for this issue but glad we caught it now!
I got cancelled on too. Oh well. Still got the dopamin rush of the purchase!
While it seems like an honest mistake, that's incredibly disappointing, especially as you may have declined to purchase other bottles since you just thought you spent a chunk of money on that one. Personally, I would want some kind of credit/discount for future use to make up for the mistake and show some good will.
J o r d a n

Shay h arnoy
Posts: 202
Joined: November 1st, 2019, 7:35 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7630 Post by Shay h arnoy » April 7th, 2020, 6:00 pm

J. Rock wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 5:18 pm
Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Jeff_M. wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:48 pm
One got cancelled, bummer

Hi lovely Last Bottle customers!

Some less than fun news - our warehouse manager realized we accidentally created two skus for the Joseph Drouhin Charmes Chambertin Rouge Grand Cru 2013 essentially doubling up the quantity that went up for sale. Luckily we didn't have that many for sale anyway. But unfortunately, going in order of purchase, that means we will need to cancel your order. I will put the cancellation through now and you'll receive a full refund on your statement within a few business days. If we receive any cancellations, I will contact in order of order number to see if you are still interested. I'm so sorry for this issue but glad we caught it now!
I got cancelled on too. Oh well. Still got the dopamin rush of the purchase!
While it seems like an honest mistake, that's incredibly disappointing, especially as you may have declined to purchase other bottles since you just thought you spent a chunk of money on that one. Personally, I would want some kind of credit/discount for future use to make up for the mistake and show some good will.
ASK! They will probably give it to you.

User avatar
Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 895
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7631 Post by Jeff_M. » April 7th, 2020, 6:12 pm

J. Rock wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 5:18 pm
Shay h arnoy wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Jeff_M. wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:48 pm
One got cancelled, bummer

Hi lovely Last Bottle customers!

Some less than fun news - our warehouse manager realized we accidentally created two skus for the Joseph Drouhin Charmes Chambertin Rouge Grand Cru 2013 essentially doubling up the quantity that went up for sale. Luckily we didn't have that many for sale anyway. But unfortunately, going in order of purchase, that means we will need to cancel your order. I will put the cancellation through now and you'll receive a full refund on your statement within a few business days. If we receive any cancellations, I will contact in order of order number to see if you are still interested. I'm so sorry for this issue but glad we caught it now!
I got cancelled on too. Oh well. Still got the dopamin rush of the purchase!
While it seems like an honest mistake, that's incredibly disappointing, especially as you may have declined to purchase other bottles since you just thought you spent a chunk of money on that one. Personally, I would want some kind of credit/discount for future use to make up for the mistake and show some good will.
That’s a good point. Maybe I would have bought a second bottle of d`Yquem.
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet
2012 Hartford Court Arrendell Vineyard Pinot Noir

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 898
Joined: June 8th, 2009, 7:52 pm
Location: S Carolina Coast...lakeside Wisconsin

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7632 Post by b. c@stner » April 7th, 2020, 6:29 pm

Ask for a credit because of an honest mistake? Might they give it to you? sure. But really? It's not like this is normal operating procedure...
b 0 b

Brian Pinci
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 217
Joined: February 2nd, 2016, 5:46 pm
Location: Gaithersburg

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7633 Post by Brian Pinci » April 8th, 2020, 2:40 am

On the prior marathon, they had problems with one of my orders, and actually gave me a refund as well as a small credit for my next purchase without me asking. They’ve always been super customer friendly with me.
Brian Pinci

Vince L.
Posts: 339
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7634 Post by Vince L. » April 8th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Brian Pinci wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 2:40 am
On the prior marathon, they had problems with one of my orders, and actually gave me a refund as well as a small credit for my next purchase without me asking. They’ve always been super customer friendly with me.
Agreed

On this marathon, I accidentally ordered something while I was setting up the App on my device. Promptly refunded.
Then after Marathon was over I emailed asking if I could order something I saw but didn't get a chance to order. They replied saying they don't have anymore but have this other vintage & vineyard but same producer. I ordered 2 bottles of things I didnt even see during the Marathon.

LBW gets a [thumbs-up.gif] imo
l 3 r t

Jeff P
Posts: 190
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 1:39 pm
Location: Texas

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7635 Post by Jeff P » April 9th, 2020, 12:36 pm

My marathon wines just shipped per the website
Jeff P@ren+

User avatar
Jeff Rosenberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 367
Joined: April 26th, 2015, 6:38 pm
Location: Webster, NY

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7636 Post by Jeff Rosenberg » April 11th, 2020, 3:46 pm

2015 Cascina Luisin Barbaresco Rabaja offered today. Any good? Not available elsewhere in the USA per WS.

User avatar
David_K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 941
Joined: July 17th, 2014, 7:01 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7637 Post by David_K » April 11th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Jeff Rosenberg wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:46 pm
2015 Cascina Luisin Barbaresco Rabaja offered today. Any good? Not available elsewhere in the USA per WS.
Haven't had it, but the fact of not being available anywhere else in the United States is not a good sign.
K@ntrОwi╦z

User avatar
Nick Ellis
Posts: 355
Joined: January 6th, 2016, 6:43 am

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7638 Post by Nick Ellis » April 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Jeff Rosenberg wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:46 pm
2015 Cascina Luisin Barbaresco Rabaja offered today. Any good? Not available elsewhere in the USA per WS.
Bought the 2013 from LB in 2018, and had 1 bottle so far. Based on that bottle, I sat this one out.

User avatar
Edward H. Earles
Posts: 870
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 8:07 am

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7639 Post by Edward H. Earles » April 12th, 2020, 9:31 am

Good reviews on CT though. I'd probably spring for a few if I wasn't moratorium-ing.

User avatar
G. D y e r
Posts: 2296
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7640 Post by G. D y e r » April 12th, 2020, 10:18 am

Nick Ellis wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm
Jeff Rosenberg wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:46 pm
2015 Cascina Luisin Barbaresco Rabaja offered today. Any good? Not available elsewhere in the USA per WS.
Bought the 2013 from LB in 2018, and had 1 bottle so far. Based on that bottle, I sat this one out.
Same here. 2013 had good aromatics, but was quite rustic on the palate, beyond the usual scenario of young tannins.

I've already reached a solid number of 2015 Piedmont relative to my cellar size. I'll grab some 1s or 2s of the odd bottling, but I'm going to skew towards 2016s as they settle into the market.
Greg

In that way, he is like cornerback Darrelle Revis, deserving of his own island, Mangold Island, if you will. “That would be a rusty, filthy island where people wear ripped jeans and stay in hotel rooms that are half price,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “But they would serve wine, and only the finest for Nick Mangold.”

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2656
Joined: May 10th, 2010, 3:47 pm
Location: Harpswell, Maine

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7641 Post by Dan Kravitz » April 12th, 2020, 4:12 pm

non-commercial post: Last Bottle occasionally buys wine from my company.

They now bring in a lot of wine under their own import license, purchased directly from producers. I would guess that they usually have exclusivity with these producers, so of course you won't see the wines available from anybody else in the U.S. This is SOP for both producers and importers. So one of their wines not being available elsewhere in the U.S. is, IMO, not at all a negative. They have the buying power to keep a small producer happy and I know for a fact that they are serious tasters and shoppers.

I'm not buying a lot of wine nowadays, glanced at the marathon from time to time and did a little bit of rock-bottom feeding. Three bottles total, all for the geek in me:
2017 Weon Carignan from Chile, $12 (I'm a Carignan nut)
2014 Lava Vine Petite Sirah Calistoga, $16 (I'm not a Petite Sirah nut, but have loved some immoderately)
2017 Clark-Claudon Sauvignon Blanc 'Wild Iris' Napa Valley, $16

I'm intrigued by the Clark-Claudon, I've probably had half a dozen of their Cabs, all really good or better, but they're generally not on my radar. Didn't know they made Sauvignon Blanc and I'm betting this could be a sleeper. I'm developing a taste for mid-to-upscale Northern California Sauvignon Blancs. Many of them hit my stylistic sweet spot, which is somewhere closer to Bordeaux than the Loire, with my priorities being zero grapefruit juice, zero cat pee and great purity of fruit. Many Napa Cabernet producers price their Sauvignon Blancs well below half the price of their basic Cabs and these can be great values.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

User avatar
CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29527
Joined: December 3rd, 2011, 6:33 am
Location: Ovilla\Midlothian Texas

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7642 Post by CJ Beazley » April 13th, 2020, 12:44 pm

2018 Ridge Zin Dusi $29.00
It's C(raig)

User avatar
Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20685
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7643 Post by Paul McCourt » April 13th, 2020, 6:15 pm

You can get it for that price elsewhere.
PauLeeeenda 2020: Tasty Waves and a Cool Buzz for America

User avatar
T. Altmayer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4763
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7644 Post by T. Altmayer » April 15th, 2020, 10:40 am

Any thoughts on the Massimo Rivetti Barbaresco 2016 for $25? Never heard of it before, but certainly a good vintage.
Tom

Michael Feldman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 160
Joined: October 28th, 2014, 7:24 pm
Location: Lehigh Valley

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7645 Post by Michael Feldman » April 16th, 2020, 10:45 am

Anyone jumping on the Calluna Estate? Great price with some age on it!

User avatar
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 275
Joined: February 22nd, 2012, 3:07 pm
Location: At the Beach in NJ

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7646 Post by DavidFrankil » April 16th, 2020, 11:09 am

That 2013 Calluna Estate is a superb wine at an incredible price - if I didn't already have a ton in the cellar I'd be buying a case at that price.
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

KC Cormack
Posts: 15
Joined: April 9th, 2020, 11:03 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7647 Post by KC Cormack » April 16th, 2020, 11:44 am

I just ordered three!

Chr!s G|@rn3r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 610
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7648 Post by Chr!s G|@rn3r » April 16th, 2020, 12:17 pm

Grabbed three as well

Vince L.
Posts: 339
Joined: March 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Location: LAX

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7649 Post by Vince L. » April 16th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Has anyone gotten shipping notification from the Marathon yet.

This was first marathon and it's now 2 weeks. Is it really a 4-6 week shipping window ?

I ordered something from them and it took them about 4 days before it was shipped. But I don't have any experience with Marathon
l 3 r t

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 710
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread

#7650 Post by JonathanG » April 16th, 2020, 1:32 pm

I read somewhere that they are already shipping to some states. I haven't received mine yet. My last marathon I think it was almost 2 months before they shipped though.
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”