For You d'Yquem Fans Out There...15L Bottle of 2005

Only 100 made, so get your bottle before it is too late.

How many people would you need to drink that if you gave everyone a solid couple oz pour? I’m not a math guy…

I figure about 180 to 200 people.

you could get 250 2oz pours out of that bottle

after CA sales tax and vig @ 25K that comes out to $125 per 2oz pour

ouch!

But you gotta admit that if you walked into the next BerserkerFest with that, you would get some attention, no? [berserker.gif]

Based on 750 ml experience, about 3 of those 100 bottles are corked. I wonder if they individually test the corks used for these torpedo-sized bottles, to reduce that number?

I shed a tear whenever a magnum is corked. If a 15L was corked I think I might be drowning in it.

I’m astonished that they made a hundred of these. As above, I’m too scared of spoilage to be interested in these big bottles.

"Item removed from auction.
No bidding allowed on this item. "

Dang! I was just about to pull the trigger…

I own a mag I don’t know when/where I’ll serve, can’t imagine what I would do with that.

This could be Matt Harris’s bottle . . . I saw one of these in person at his cellar (I think he has 3 or 5 of these.) Freakishly huge. I asked him “When are you going to open one of these?” He replied, “Dunno, for my daughter 18th birthday? Or wedding?” I don’t even think a 200 people wedding would finish this . . . haha

The original post on Wine Bid implied that the bottle was purchased directly from d’Yquem.

Matt’s is only a 9 liter if memory serves and I think its an 01. [swoon.gif]