TN: 2008 Rhys Alesia Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

• 2008 Rhys Alesia Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/24/2011)
    Poured a medium to dark garnet. Aromatic nose off black cherry, some mushroom and a slight hint of smoke. On the palate, quite bright but deeply fruited as well with flavors of red berries, some sweet vanilla and definite roasted/charred meat note. Medium plus acidity and a medium plus finishing length. Lovely. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Hey Jorge,

Just had the 2006 Alesia San Mateo out of magnum. It was insane. For me it was WOTN in an absurd 9 bottle evening of too much excess. Hope all is well.

Taylor,

I saw that from either a Tweet or a Facebook post of yours over the weekend. My first ever Rhys/Alesia wine ever and I’m pretty happy with it. A friend who was at dinner kept repeating “this is a fantastic wine” over and over.

• 2008 Rhys Alesia Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/30/2011)
    Decanted for one hour. Initially very hot, both on the nose and palate which over time dissipated and eventually was concealed completely to taste. The wine is definitely new world: candied cherries, cranberry, and vanilla (oak). Having said that, it is delicious if you prefer this style. I personally do not mind the style, but it has it’s time and place. Super fruit / super new world wine; not for the faint of heart. I enjoy the California fruit on this. 5 second finish with integrated tannin. I’m not sure how long this will age for ( I have long term doubts) based on the tannin and acid, but none of my bottles will make it beyond 5 years. Good value if into this type of pinot. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker