TN and *doh*

One of our “Wines of the Month,” Yealands 2008 Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand:
Aromas of pure grapefruit pour from the glass, refreshing and light, not the heavy cat-piss infused kind of NZ SB aromas.
The body is fairly light on its feet, but has intense, juicy lemon, gooseberry, and a hint of lime on the finish. Lean and mean, this is a cheap thrill of a wine.
We bought this wine in early May, making arrangements for supply to be available through its featured month of June and into September. We type up the newsletter with its glowing review of Yealands. THEN I find out that their importer, Billington, closed up shop in the middle of May. doh

Billington has apparently been acquired by Winebow. Did this brand go down in the acquisition?

Winebow has it listed in stock for NY/NJ. I can probably find out some more info if you really wanted to know.

I’m all over it Brent. I’m just annoyed since Billington and Winebow had/have different local distributors, so the “deal” on this wine won’t be the same. Oh well. There are plenty of other NZ SBs.

Oh, bless your heart for making that distinction. With the exception of horse poo and musky man sweat (read that in a TN once!), I never want to smell any excretory products in my wine.