TN: 2000 R. López de Heredia Rioja Rosado Gran Reserva Viña Tondonia

• 2000 R. López de Heredia Rioja Rosado Gran Reserva Viña Tondonia - Spain, La Rioja, La Rioja Alta, Rioja (7/19/2011)
    Color of pale salmon. Telltale nutty aromas and a dusty, minerally note. A bit watery on the palate but flavorful with savory notes of salted almonds and rosewater. Acidity is lip-smacking. The finish is bone dry. One of the best roses made. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice. I’ve been meaning to try the '00 Blanco also. Amazing that a winery makes a rose from their best vineyards and ages it just like their reds and whites.

Just drank the first of 2 bottles in my cellar of this wine from the 97 vintage that I purchased in 07. Can’t imagine an 14 year old rose tasting as good as it did (90 pts.) I like the reds and roses from this producer a lot. Can’t speak to the whites. I have never tried one, but hope to do so.

The one bottle I had this summer had an oxidized quality that I didn’t enjoy.

Yeah, LdH walks the fine line between “oxidative” & “oxidized”. Polarizing to say the least.

Robert, the whites are awesome…IF you can stand the “oxidative” style.

Love LdH, just had this bottle last month and it was fantastic. Personally they are my go to for all things Spain in my cellar.

I can’t wait to try a LdH rose. All of their other wines are readily available here in Houston but I haven’t seen the rose for some reason. Robert- the whites are fantastic and great QPRs.