Gary Vaynerchuk retires

GO view his retirement announcement on www.dailygrape.com

Best wises to Gary in whatever his future endeavors are. [cheers.gif]

Uh, he’s not retiring from the wine biz; he’s “retiring” from producing the wine videos…

Bruce

Wow. Talk about going out on top. I wish Gary V all the best. He’s been an important part (asset) to the wine community, and his shows will be missed. [worship.gif]

+1

It’s been a fun ride that I’m lucky to have been a part of. Thanks for all the kind words.

His videos will no longer be produced, but his screaming will echo for years.

What’s the RP photo from 1978??? That’s how you bow out too?

I’m quite proud of GV. 1089 episodes, and thousands of hours committed. (Between WLTV and DG). If you only knew what else this guy did in the course of one given day, you’d be tired just from listening.

Best of luck to Gary (and you too Jon). I enjoyed both shows and really thought they helped the wine community.

Weird that he would switch to pay for content after 1K worth of episodes then after 89 more call it quits?

My guess is his switch to pay for content didn’t play out as expected.

Wow, that was a quick run for DailyGrape, but I wish Jon and Gary the best in all endeavors. I am sure this is NOT the last we will hear about either.

Gary V Ate My Baby.

maybe the dingo ate your baby

Interesting that the response to his retirement has been more positive as far as GV overall here than at the “other” forum. Some haters there, which I dont get. Just my perception of the two threads.

My fiance and I enjoyed watching Gary nightly before going to sleep, while we watched the news. He motivated us to try other varietals, got us thinking about different wines. How he could taste road tar I still will never know, but he gave us some laughs too. I wish him the best. The commitment to a daily show is huge, I would think less shows a week, maybe a tad longer than DG but shorter than WLTV would have been more efficient use of his time. JMHO.

End of a great run in something that changed wine- Best of luck to GV and can’t wait to see what Jon does next!

Harris, there are a couple of negative posters on the other thread who clearly don’t know Gary or haven’t taken the time to separate schtick from knowledge and passion. It’s their loss.

Likely because GV is not RMP…and perhaps no other reason.

Yes, but ironically they might want to look up what RMP has had to say about GV … all VERY nice things in fact.

Meh.

I always found GV incredibly annoying, despite the fact that I appreciated what he did. As a result, I only checked into WLTV a couple of times, DG never. I wouldn’t be surprised if monetizing his video work didn’t pan out, given what I think I know about “Vayniacs”. That, and in all the years since he he started doing them, I’ve never met a wine geek --of any stripe–who confessed to watch WLTV. Gary was probably a little ahead of the curve in this regard.

All that said, I did buy the enhanced e-book of his The Thank You Economy. It was rather self-congratulatory, but he does have some good insights and a decidedly proactive view on how to do do business, and I found the book interesting.

I, too, will be surprised if this is the last we see of Vay-ner-chuk in the wine world, even if he’s more addicted to simply selling than the wonder of wine as I suspect he is.

Now I know why my $2.22/month subscription suddenly canceled.

With this and grape radio not producing anymore, is there anything left?