TN: 2009 Ch. Peybonhomme Les Tours

A nice little $10 Bordeaux courtesy of our fellow Berserker Michael Alberty. Pure cab fruit with no discernable oak. Sweet little wine that could benefit from a couple of years in the cellar.

A real buy.

1 Like

Sounds like something I’d pour down the drain. Sorry. neener

Nice. [rofl.gif]

As much as I appreciated and miss Bob Wood…

I’ve got to agree with you David. Just had a bottle of 2017 which started nice enough. The metallic middle/after taste was pretty awful. No improvement on night 2. It was poured down the drain.

The Wood-man’s recommendations for OR Pinots were usually excellent…but he had a soft spot for “value” wines.

Cheers Bob.

RT

I’ve never tried it but as I was reading this, this month’s copy of La Revue des Vins de France opened on the page where this domain’s 2018 got a good write up and 91 pts! It’s biodynamic and sounds quite good in fact!

1 Like

No doubt it could be…but whatever happened pre or post bottling to the wine I tasted…“ce n’etait pas bien”.

RT

Deleted.

Hey, I wasn’t contradicting you - I was just amused by the coincidence!

Good to see you posting again, Steen - hope you’re well? I will have to seek out one of these to taste!

1 Like

No worries. I suspect it’s a low sulfur wine. Any number of things can happen between producer and consumer. it’s helpful to see positive reviews too…a reminder to keep an open mind for the next encounter.

RT

Deleted.

I just picked up the 2017 Chateau Peybonhomme-les-tours Energies bottling on a whim at Vin in Chicago. $22.

No formal notes, but what a delicious expression of merlot dominant Bordeaux. Great balance of fruit, freshness, complexity and classicism.

A quick search suggests this is I guess a limited (300 case) bottling from a specific plot, fully raised in amphora (no oak at all?).