Happy Burgundy Thursday

Wednesdays became much easier when we began drinking Burgundy every Thursday. We haven’t missed a Thursday in over five years.
Tonight with the coq au vin, 05 Savigny-Les-Beaune “Les Lavieres” Louis Chenu Père et Filles
It’s a very happy tradition–cheers to all!

I think this should become a national holiday

[winner.gif] [cheers.gif]

Thursdays are the only day of the week when we sometimes may not have a Burgundy, although we did have one last night.

Well done Scott.

Best Regards
Jeremy

I hope Beaujolais Nouveau counts as burgundy! That’s what I’m drinking right now. [cheers.gif]
Mondays are usually my burgundy day, just to make Monday a day to look forward to.

Let’s not get into that discussion again. [wow.gif] [cheers.gif]

Oops! Maybe I should have used one of these [stirthepothal.gif] instead of the [cheers.gif]

In light of our premox monster witch hunts I decided to gamble last night.
2000 Batard-Montrachet, Marc Morey (hand carried in 02, when you COULD hand carry on the plane)
No premox–needed another 10 years probably but still great
Oak a little out of balance and a bitter lemon pith taste the only small flaws. Incredible power. Wish I’d waited but I couldn’t bear the thought of waiting another decade and then being crushed by the monster.
Taking a day off from work so I might get an early start.
Cheers All!

I know many of you drink Burgs every night. Some weeks we do as well but we ALWAYS manage on Thursday. We are now into year #7 without a miss.

• 2005 Remi Jobard-Chabloz Meursault Le Limozin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (9/13/2012)
    At first sniff I feared that the premox monster had come but that was just a strange funk that blew off really quickly. This was my final bottle of this, and the first to show real Meursault typicity. The classic nutty, buttery markers are there with a really nice acidic lemon, white tropical fruits, a touch of sweet pear with a little bay and fresh herb mix. It is really delicious right now. If I had another six bottles I would drink them all this week.

Posted from CellarTracker

Why make Thursday special, I am fond of M, W, W, Fri, Sa, Su as well for similar reasons !

So last week was the Cellar Tracker dinner at my place with 03 Vougeraie Clos Blanc de Vougeot (magnum), 05 Chandon de Brialles Le Corton Blanc, 96 Thomas-Moillard Chambertin x 2, 99 Mongeard-Mugneret Grand Echezeaux (plus '90 Champers, 03 Pegau x 2, 97 Alvaro Palacios Ermita, 93 Esszencia, 90 d’Yquem, plus a Dr Loosen TBA (can’t remember the vintage)
I little quieter tonight with just me and Her Royal Highness (not Liz).

2002 Thibault Liger-Belair Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Saint Georges
singing right now! [cheers.gif]

I thought this was a real holiday!

Popped a 1998 Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Hauts-Doix. A bit straight forward but nice drinking. Happy Burgundy Thursday indeed.

It is if we want it to be!
Loves me some Chambolle–works better than chocolate and jewelry with my wife [whistle.gif]

How was this particular bottle by the way? I think I have one stashed away, thinking that It likely needs more time. Does it?

Can’t remember Thursday but Friday is much better now, just opened the 2010 Albert Mann Schlossberg Riesling, yet to decide the burg…

drinking well now bit it’ll hold

You guys don’t fool around.

I’m reluctant to do magnums in settings like this, b/c mostly people prefer small glasses of many different wines. I guess the donor takes the balance of the bottle back to their place for dinner.

Her Royal Highness and I are at redneck Mecca #3 (Myrtle Beach, behind Branson and Pigeon Forge) for All-State Chorus weekend. The students don’t arrive until tomorrow so we drove up this afternoon and sat on the oceanfront balcony with a picnic of baguette, French cheeses, saucisson sec and 04 Colin Chassagne Rouge. Life doesn’t suck (especially after the sea salt chocolates and Remy Martin [cheers.gif]

Oooh how’d I miss this earlier? Great idea, though we tend to drink Burgundy most nights…

Last night, 1990 Corton was acceptable…