2 From Navarro

In the past week I’ve had the pleasure of tasting the 2010 SB and 2009 Zin from these folks.

For the record, I’ve been selling fruit to Navarro since 1978 from Eaglepoint. I also have been running a vineyard called Ordway’s Valley Foothills sinve 2010 which is directly to the west of the Winery. So I get a free case of anything Eaglepoint delivers (although that may change soon) like Syrah, Cab or Zin.

Anyway, I just picked up my case of 2009 Zin and also picked up a case of SB thanks to their generous grower discount.

I’m not really into the Tom/Hill/dramatic/tasting/notes, but I gotta say that the SB tonight was off the f_cking hook! Really crisp and yet somehat rich all at the same time.

Last night it was the 2009 Zin. In past years the Navarro Zin has has lots of red fruit and elegant flavors that many folks must like. This wine has more of the dark fruit and richness that makes me think they blended in some Petite or something dark and brooding. I LOVE this wine. It has the perfect amount of oak to combine with great fruit and depth.

Of course the prices are like stealing when you think of how good these wines are.

Anyone else had either of these?

I received those in my last shipment, but haven’t popped them yet. Had their `09 Chardonnay Premiere Reserve that was simply delicious.

Love their wines but have never had the Zin, largely because we just have so much good Zin locally and from Sonoma.

Casey, I totally agree on the sb. This is a great qpr. But I feel that the 2010 Pinot Gris is even better.

I have the zin and the 2006 cab put aside to try when my son arrives this Christmas.

If the zin is as good as you say I will have to reorder.I think Navarro wines are great.and I buy by the cases.the chards are to my liking and the 2009 Mendocino Pinot is fantastic.I’ve already burned thru a case.

Joe

Joe;

I think you’ll like that '06 Cab. Once again I’m lucky enough to get comped a case, so I’ve already been through 4-5 of these already. One of the best Cabs from them in many years. These guys have their Cab on a 5 year release program. Two years in barrel and three in bottle. If you get chance, they also offer the Cab in mags sometimes.

Thanks Casey,

Mondocino Zins are not by cup of tea. The Navarro Zin was always the first bottle I drink from their wine club shipment just so it doesn’t waste space in my cellar. In my book, all Zins need to be from the Dry Creek or Anderson Valley. The Navarro has always been too light with little character.