THOMAS

My 09’s just arrived in CA

Next time, just send Thomas a private message. [cheers.gif]

Now you only have to wait 10 years until they hit their stride. [wink.gif]

RT

sorry for my ignorance, but which Thomas? Thomas Wines from Hunter Valley in Australia?

Pop one and give us the read!

Mine got to DC yesterday. Now I have to get these into storage and contemplate whether to bring the 06s home - can’t decide between patience and greed, and my older stock is gone.

Nicolai, Thomas is an Oregon pinot producer. Fabulous wines, but very small and low-tech operation - you’re unlikely to see them anywhere but the paper-based mailing list.

Thanks for clearing this up for me, Paul. I visited Thomas of Hunter Valley 2 years ago, and while his wines were ok, I was surprised to see anyone be so happy to have received his shipment… But ok now I understand. Thanks :slight_smile:

For a moment I thought you were DrBigJay under a pseudonym…

[rofl.gif] nope just a completely ignorant nebbiolo junkie

Anyone willing to share the mailing address? Is it allocated by mailing list or club? Any retail available?

I plan on opening one tonight. Have it standing up right now and will open shortly and plan on drinking around 8pm ish. Would be interested to know from people who have more experience than myself if this is the way to open or a full decant.

At this very young stage, I’d suggest full decant. I’ll be interested to see your notes. Make sure that you hold back enough to taste on Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4.

Thomas Winery PO Box 48 Carlton OR 97111 Tel: 503-852-6969

Presumably sold out for this vintage and unlikely to be found at retail beyond a few Portland area shops.

Steve,

check the websites for some of the local wine shops in the Portland area. Also, check Wally’s in LA. I bought some from them a few vintages ago.

Steve, check the Brown Derby in Springfield Mo. I have purchased Thomas from them in the past. However, I have not since I am on the mailing list.

Joe

Anyone have a clue who in Portland might? Here this weekend.

L&E and Mt Tabor are both sold out. Very few shops get an allocation. Only suggestion is to try :

Vino
137 Southeast 28th Avenue Portland, OR 97214
(503) 235-8545

Here is my tasting note from last night. This is just an awesome wine!

Decanted for 5 hours. The color of this wine is amazing. Vivid ruby that shimmers in the glass. The nose is amazing with strawberry, baking spice, and forest floor. The palate is the closest I have ever tasted Oregon coming to Burgundy. Volnay and Pommard mixture. Rich yet deftly balanced. The taste is very primary with the fruit but there is a gamey character to this that I adore. This is my very first experience with Thomas and I am happier than hell with it. As good as this is now it will only get better over the next 10 years.

I got mine from Sec Wines.

Sec or Garrison’s. Garrison’s is right next door (practically - it’s in the same strip center) to Nostrana.