Just got on the Cayuse mailing list

Signed up for the wait list a while ago. The online store will open on Jan. 4. Their newsletter states '10 was a great vintage, but production was quite low, so member allocations of some wine will be moved to the wish list.

when did you sign-up?

I don’t really remember. I’m guessing a few years.

good to hear. not sure how i snoozed on this one so long but i did. fear i am still a ways away

Just got on also. Looking back at my emails, I must have signed up around fall of 2008 (3 consecutive years of Happy Holidays emails around Jan 1 for wait-listers).

I signed up in December 2008 and have not gotten an offer. Have about a case that I bought retail in the meantime, though, and no forced three packs, so I’m pretty happy. One of the advantages of living in Seattle.

Michael

I signed up in late 07/early 08 and have received no offer yet. Still holding out hope.

as a data point…

I signed up fall 2007 and made the list in december 2010 for the second wave of the 2009 vintage offering

As another data point, I also signed up in fall 2007 to early 2008 and just got my email last night that I made the list.

Tyler…from you response above, they have two offerings a year? What is offered in each of the two offerings. I don’t seem to find that info anywhere. And yes, I am aware, as per their email, that I am only going to be offered one 3 pack of “whatever” but just wanted to know if all things being equal, do they only offer some bottlings in the spring and the others in the fall as most others lists do? i.e. what might I be able to wish list and what is not even offered on a wish list basis b/c it won’t be available until the next release, etc. thanx in advance.

There is only one offer per year, in the fall. That said, the Edith Rose is shipped in the spring, while the remainder goes in the following November. There is also a pick-up party the following spring, which would result in waiting roughly 18 months from order time, so don’t know how many opt for that.

What Dave said…

@Levi, When I was speaking of the second wave I was referring to the leftovers from the fall release.

Indeed, and those leftovers are made available to new people added to the list. People seem to be added to the list between late December and February after all wishlists are settled. So, if you’re still on the wait list and haven’t received an e-mail yet, there’s still hope. I was added to the list in late January several years ago and my initial offer was the GOK Grenache.

I have been waiting a few years too. Was this snail mail or email?

Email

So this January offering is what was left from the offering last Fall?

It will be interesting to see what they allocate.

I wouldn’t be surprised if ya’ll got allocated the God Only Knows grenache. I believe this is one of Christophe’s highest production wines - that said, it is f’n fantastic. You will NOT be disappointed. If this is what you get, and you hate your first bottle, look me up.

Signed up December 2008. email this week.

My first allocation: 3 pack of 2010 En Chamberlin. I wishlisted some other wines.

Cheers,
Warren

Great wine, good for you Warren. I wishlisted this very wine and got SO so pour me a glass around 2020!