Bedrock Spring Release 2012

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
J. Singleton
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Bedrock Spring Release 2012

#101 Post by J. Singleton » March 13th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Couldn't tell you that. I have dirt on Morgan so he gave me a case of each. Blackmail really is the best way to go. Joking of course.
Jeb
Berserker #7
CT: DC202
IG: jeb.singleton

T Welch

#102 Post by T Welch » March 13th, 2012, 6:33 pm

J. Singleton wrote:Couldn't tell you that. I have dirt on Morgan so he gave me a case of each. Blackmail really is the best way to go. Joking of course.
Hmmmm...questionable avatar, lots of Bedrock. Yeaaah, blackmail, that's the ticket.
T*R*U*E*T*T

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#103 Post by Brian Tuite » March 13th, 2012, 6:41 pm

markandsusanw wrote:I'm sure it would be an allocation nightmare, so I'd never expect to actually see this, but wouldn't it be awesome if there was a way to rank your wish list items? For instance, I'm glad I got an extra Cab, but with two already it didn't feel like a "must have" to me. Same with the Lauterbach. (Interested to try, but not over the moon about it, while I know some people are really keen.) Would have been really psyched to get extra library release Kick Ranch, though.
I still have 2 08 KR Syrahs in the cellar and I passed on the cab as well thinking I could hopefully get a couple extra Lauterbachs. Maybe I should have taken some psychology classes? [wink.gif] I'm pretty deep on Bedorck Syrahs though, it's the Zinfandels and Field Blends that I'm having trouble keeping my hands off when young.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#104 Post by Dan Hammer » March 13th, 2012, 6:50 pm

DGriffin wrote:I was very pleased to add a bottle each of the Lauterbach and the 08 Kick Ranch to my order.
Got 1 of each + the Cab.

Thanks MP.
This space for rent.

PaulJ

#105 Post by PaulJ » March 13th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Got the 1 cab I wishlisted but only 1 lauterbach of the 3 I wishlisted. Glad to have both though - thanks Morgan. [cheers.gif]
J = Jeszenszky

Larry P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by Larry P » March 13th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:I passed on the cab as well thinking I could hopefully get a couple extra Lauterbachs. Maybe I should have taken some psychology classes? [wink.gif]
The trick was to wishlist 0 Lauterbachs, to show a lack of selfishness, and then try to load up on Cabs. Then out of sympathy, you hopefully get some Lauterbach!
That and Morgan does respond to blackmail. [whistle.gif]

Nice avatar BTW is that your daughter?
P ! g g ! n s

"You keep me searching for a heart of gold" - Neil Young
"Metal heart, you're not worth a thing" - Cat Power

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#107 Post by Brian Tuite » March 13th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Larry P wrote: Nice avatar BTW is that your daughter?
No, this girl works for Trilogy Excursions. When we were in Maui last Fall we took a snorkel trip with them.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Peter Petersen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#108 Post by Peter Petersen » March 13th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Larry P wrote:
Brian Tuite wrote:I passed on the cab as well thinking I could hopefully get a couple extra Lauterbachs. Maybe I should have taken some psychology classes? [wink.gif]
The trick was to wishlist 0 Lauterbachs, to show a lack of selfishness, and then try to load up on Cabs. Then out of sympathy, you hopefully get some Lauterbach!
That and Morgan does respond to blackmail. [whistle.gif]

Nice avatar BTW is that your daughter?
Well, I wouldn't say that that worked for me. I asked only for cabs in the hopes that not being greedy for stuff I assumed the rest of you would appreciate more would work. I did get one extra cab, but no sympathy whites even. It's all OK, as I retaliated by opening a 2010 Carlisle, Compagni-Portis that left me in a superb mood. [cheers.gif]

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#109 Post by Mike Stoneking » March 13th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Ordered on the last day, and no word yet on the wishlist.
Sure hope the wishlist is not based on order date.
[popcorn.gif]
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

T Welch

#110 Post by T Welch » March 13th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Mike Stoneking wrote:Ordered on the last day, and no word yet on the wishlist.
[popcorn.gif]
I happened to remember just before midnight on Sunday, so I got in under the wire, too. But upthread Morgan wrote that any requests for 2010 Kick Ranch Syrah would be granted, leading me to believe he's still processing wish list requests.
T*R*U*E*T*T

NickC

#111 Post by NickC » March 13th, 2012, 8:43 pm

got a lauterbach, and a lot of wish listed other syrahs......

awesome!/gulp
ch ee k (like on your face)

Brian Bohr
GCC Member
GCC Member

#112 Post by Brian Bohr » March 13th, 2012, 8:46 pm

[popcorn.gif]
Agreed!!
ITB (at least part time)

Morgan Twain-Peterson

#113 Post by Morgan Twain-Peterson » March 13th, 2012, 9:46 pm

[popcorn.gif]
It is not, and sorry folks who ordered on Sunday. When the company that does my back-end (insert joke here, and no it is not a big company [shock.gif] ) culled the wish-list requests they only pulled through Saturday by accident. I will tackle it first thing tomorrow but your requests will be treated no differently than the rest of the week as I was monitoring requests for the whole week and kept what wine aside that I could accordingly.

Also, everyone that wish-listed Lauterbach was given one bottle (except for about twenty folks who got two, and they are the ones who either know where I live or are blackmailing me). There was only about 90 bottles of the C.S. left to allocate so those were given based on tenure and buying history, as were the 334 bottles of 2008 Kick Ranch Syrah.

On a side-note, I have always been quite hesitant to make much Cabernet as I personally like very structured wines that are picked at lower brix and are as much about perfume as anything else (witness the amount of Corison, older Havens Bourriquot, Togni, Mayacamas, Mount Eden, Arnot-Roberts, etc. in my cellar): the support expressed for the Cabernet in this release (and we will see how you all like it) has made me reevaluate things a bit-- maybe I will make 8, or even 12, barrels in future years.

Thank you all for the amazing outpouring of support for the release. Wish-granting sucked hard this time around and took a lot of time as I hate having to play Solomon and not give people wine who want it-- but it is a great problem for me to have and is in large part due to the support wine-lovers on this board have given me. Even at the end of a really long day like this I know I have the best job- and the job I am most suited to- that anyone could ask for, so thank you, thank you.

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#114 Post by Dan Hammer » March 13th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Morgan Twain-Peterson wrote: There was only about 90 bottles of the C.S. left to allocate so those were given based on tenure and buying history
I'm going to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. [bow.gif]
This space for rent.

Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#115 Post by Craig G » March 13th, 2012, 10:08 pm

I was waitlisted in the fall and got the offer today. I've been hit really hard by the last few months' offerings, so I wasn't looking to spend a lot. I had recently passed on a number of other interesting options, but having been really taken by a Bedrock Old Vines Zin that some people here convinced me to buy a while back, I decided to buy a sampler six-pack including one of each of the five wines offered plus an extra Albarino. Should make fun drinking over the next few months and I suspect I'll be back for more next time around.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

Alan Newman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#116 Post by Alan Newman » March 13th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Just to reiterate what 1000s have said before me: extraordinary service! Sent an email inquiring about my wishlist order, and received an email within minutes.

Thank you Morgan!

Alan

Ross W

#117 Post by Ross W » March 14th, 2012, 5:17 am

Morgan Twain-Peterson wrote:On a side-note, I have always been quite hesitant to make much Cabernet as I personally like very structured wines that are picked at lower brix and are as much about perfume as anything else (witness the amount of Corison, older Havens Bourriquot, Togni, Mayacamas, Mount Eden, Arnot-Roberts, etc. in my cellar):
Looks awfully similar to my cellar....no wonder I enjoy your wines so much. I can't wait to try the Cab (and thank you for granting me the wish list request).

Any plans on making a Bourriquot (which is probably the best named wine EVER from Cali) of your own in the near future?
Last edited by Ross W on March 14th, 2012, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross Weissman

Benjamin Sullivan DNA
GCC Member
GCC Member

#118 Post by Benjamin Sullivan DNA » March 14th, 2012, 5:48 am

Bedrock = Win!
One Reality: Truth.

vwsmaltz

#119 Post by vwsmaltz » March 14th, 2012, 7:52 am

Morgan Twain-Peterson wrote:
[popcorn.gif]
It is not, and sorry folks who ordered on Sunday. When the company that does my back-end (insert joke here, and no it is not a big company [shock.gif] ) culled the wish-list requests they only pulled through Saturday by accident. I will tackle it first thing tomorrow but your requests will be treated no differently than the rest of the week as I was monitoring requests for the whole week and kept what wine aside that I could accordingly.

Also, everyone that wish-listed Lauterbach was given one bottle (except for about twenty folks who got two, and they are the ones who either know where I live or are blackmailing me). There was only about 90 bottles of the C.S. left to allocate so those were given based on tenure and buying history, as were the 334 bottles of 2008 Kick Ranch Syrah.

On a side-note, I have always been quite hesitant to make much Cabernet as I personally like very structured wines that are picked at lower brix and are as much about perfume as anything else (witness the amount of Corison, older Havens Bourriquot, Togni, Mayacamas, Mount Eden, Arnot-Roberts, etc. in my cellar): the support expressed for the Cabernet in this release (and we will see how you all like it) has made me reevaluate things a bit-- maybe I will make 8, or even 12, barrels in future years.

Thank you all for the amazing outpouring of support for the release. Wish-granting sucked hard this time around and took a lot of time as I hate having to play Solomon and not give people wine who want it-- but it is a great problem for me to have and is in large part due to the support wine-lovers on this board have given me. Even at the end of a really long day like this I know I have the best job- and the job I am most suited to- that anyone could ask for, so thank you, thank you.
I, for one, appreciate the effort. I can't imagine having to allocate like this, so I think you've done a great job. I hope that you do make more Cab in the future, as I really want to try your interpretation of the varietal.

Thanks again!
Virgil

TRing

#120 Post by TRing » March 14th, 2012, 11:31 am

Looking forward to yet another delivery of these great wines, but I really need to start exercising some restraint. I'm not sure how in the hell I'm going to sneak 31 bottles past my blissfully ignorant wife, but on the plus side I'm only paying $0.65 per bottle for shipping! Every other winery could learn some valuable lessons from Morgan's business model.
Tracy Ring

MikeMy
GCC Member
GCC Member

#121 Post by MikeMy » March 28th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Opposite of when my 2011 Spring release was shipped (just recently) I received my 2012 Spring release today ! neener [dance-clap.gif]

[thankyou.gif] [thankyou.gif] [thankyou.gif] Morgan for sending them out before the furnace is turned on here in SFla. [cheers.gif]
My=Myers

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#122 Post by Chris Blum » March 28th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Has anyone gotten their sauv blancs yet?

Wondering if they are shipping separately?
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Steve Gautier
GCC Member
GCC Member

Bedrock Spring Release 2012

#123 Post by Steve Gautier » March 28th, 2012, 5:54 pm

I got mine at the same time as the rest of my order.
Good wine is a necessity of life. - Thomas Jefferson

Reese Ferry
GCC Member
GCC Member

#124 Post by Reese Ferry » March 29th, 2012, 5:51 am

Me too. Arrived Monday.

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#125 Post by Chris Blum » March 29th, 2012, 5:59 am