What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 1)

I think it would be interesting to see what others are buying these days.

This week, I found 2 bottles of Hanzell Chardonnay from 1997 and a 3 pack of 2007 Sandeman Vintage Port.

What about you?

2 Likes

6 bottles of 2009 Lafarge Mitans.

This week:
2010 Quivet Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Kenefick Ranch
2002 Arrowood Cabernet Sauvignon Réserve Spéciale
Next week:
the plan:nothing. Expectations:low

this week:

x2 2007 produttori rabja
x2 cedric bouchard inforescence

other than those, not a whole lot. all from local retailer

2 2002 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Puligny-Montrachet Les Champs-Gain,
3 Quivet SM and 3 Quivet Kenefick and based on Toms note I will order some Ryme Aglianico soon.

Just found, and purchased today, two bottles of 1989 Domaine Chanteleuserie Bourgueil Cuvee Beauvais. Consider me psyched to take possession next week!

This is the land of Cabernet Franc, better known locally as “Breton.” While some vignerons in the area add up to 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, the Boucards make pure varietal wines. Bourgueil is among the most age-worthy of the Loire Valley’s reds, and the wines from Domaine de la Chanteleuserie are no exception: their 1976 still drinks well today! Despite their structure, these wines have a suppleness and generosity of fruit that set them apart from most wines produced in the area today.

–Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant

Very cool thread, by the way!

1976 Ridge Jimsomare Zin

Let’s just say Envoyer is kicking my ass.

Close to a case of 1996 Produttori Riservas. flirtysmile

Yesterday… some 2010’s
Had to finish my annual stock of Huet secs. Picked up some Haut Lieu and Le Monts.
Crochet Le Chene Sancerre.
A.J. Adam rieslings and some Joh. Jos. Christoffel (mostly Kabinett and spatlese)

Geez… apparently I’ve stopped buying red wine…

Can I invite you to Cornwall on Hudson 1st week in August for Wendy’s 30th,

2010 Quivet Cellars Kenefick Ranch

Sure! Produttori and a Dave’s double cheeseburger sounds like a great idea!

[snort.gif]

Please PM me with the specifics! flirtysmile

I just came back from Montreal where I bought sweet wines from South Africa, Spain, Italy, Languedoc-Roussillon, Rhone, New Zealand and Chile as well as some Vintage Port and Madeira from Portugal.

This week I make a return to some Niagara icewines with an OPEN 07 and a Kittling Ridge 10 Vidal icewine as well as some Yalumba Museum Reserve Muscat and the Cattail Creek 08 Late Harvest Merlot. This last one is the single best late harvest wine I have ever had in my life but I’ve got some in my collection that may yet wrest that title from it.

a full case of a Loire Pinot–Domaine du Chateau d’Eau 2010 by Moillard. Had it in a little French bistro, was impressed, and it sells for about $13/bottle.
alan

Brigaldara 2010 Valpolicella Classico… insane deal at $11. Some Veneto producers seem to be raising their entry-level game. I’ve had some solid to extremely good bottles of Bardolino, Valpolicella, and Veronese in the last year in the $10 to $20 range. Good news for those of us who don’t like the heavy Amarone style but love the grapes.

Two mixed cases of Siduri and Novy wines. Their open house is this weekend and they pass along the same deals to the mailing list. 15% off on a case and 25% for two cases so I mixed and matched until I filled in a few gaps. Some Roses, Hirsch and Cargasacchi pinots, some Sauvignon Blancs, Vigonier and even Nebbiolos. Can’t beat the prices.

Monte

In the last week or so, two bottles of 2000 Trimbach Gewurztraminer SGN Hors Choix and one 1984 Graham Malevedos from BP Wine, two bottles of a 2010 California Grenache I’d never heard of from Envoyer but Greg made it sound like I couldn’t not buy it, and three half bottles of 2010 Donnhoff GKA Oberhauser Brucke from Premier Cru today.

Bought 3 bottles of '04 Haut Brion for $250 each and 2 bottles of '04 VCC for $110 each. Will probably pop open the VCC tomorrow night!

2009 Grivot Richebourg. No comment on quantity. TN to come…