Myriad release incoming

Anyone taste the 2010’s? I’ve seen several notes on the 09’s lately.

• 2010 Myriad Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $50
    120 cases produced

• 2010 Myriad Cellars Three Twins Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $60
    94 cases produced

• 2010 Myriad Cellars Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $65 72 cases produced

• 2010 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $85 121 cases produced

• 2010 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley $98 188 cases produced

• 2010 Myriad Cellars McGah Family Vineyard Semillon ‘Extended Elevage’ Rutherford $28 47 cases produced

Good juice, but prices are creeping up,$12 bump on the three twins and $10 on the GIII.That being said,I’ll still be a buyer.

+1

Still pretty good Cost Per Point compared to other wines from the same vineyards, isn’t CPP part of everyones buying criteria. newhere

Wine (Vintage) Price Score
Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr Crane Vineyard (2008) $95 97
Paul Hobbs Beckstoffer Dr Crane Vineyard (2008) $150 96
Realm Beckstoffer Dr Crane Vineyard (2008) $125 94+
Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer George III (2008) $75 92-94
Schrader Cellars Beckstoffer George III (2008) $290 97
Sojourn Cellars Beckstoffer George III (2008) $95 93

Actually I am a big fan of what mike does, I think his Spring Mountain District wines at $65 are better than anything under $150.

Has anyone tried the 2010s?

+2

Have not had a Mike Smith wine I didn’t like…

+3

I have had the '10 Myriad Crane. From what I can remember… it was a strong ‘buy’. I already bought the '10 Quivet Kenefick that I had with it.
Great stuff, it all.
:slight_smile:

I barrel sampled the entire lineup last year and 2010s are his best yet.

Hi Ian
Any formal notes?

What is the style difference if any between Myriad and Quivet?

Not really any stylistic difference to me… love mikes wines.

No formal notes but the day I visited Envy (Carter/Quivet/Myriad/12c/Scarlett) we had already visited 29, Realm, Morlet, Jacquelynn, and Merus, the Myriad wines stood above the rest. I was there for 3 days and when I got home I keep thinking of Mikes wines. The only other winery that stood out for 2010 was Robert Foley.

I am ALL IN for this year’s allocation. Hopefully he will have some Mags and double Mags, I remember thinking if they are this good now imagine where they will be in 4-5 years. I think the magnums will have a chance to hide from me in the cellar.

I would say there isn’t a style difference just better fruit in the GIII and Dr. Crane. He has always said its 100% the fruit and 100% the winemaker?!? I think Mike just brings the best out of the grapes.

The Mike Smith wines are one of the most exciting wines available in the market today. I like how he keeps costs in mind for us, the consumer at the same time offer a spectrum of different pricepoints.
Mike and Leah visited with my group earlier this month. notes are here:

Mike P, thanks for the tn’s on this and other wines. Great stuff!

Stylstically, Mike has said that the Quivet wines have a little more structure than their Myriad counterparts.

I’ll be in for a few for sure, but I think mike’s talent is with Syrah :slight_smile:

Tim, I thought so as well. Then I tasted his Kenefick & Spring Mountain Cabs.

People have been asking for tasting notes on 2010, I just saw this on Cellar Tracker: